I read a story about resale value of used EV's being low and they're hard to unload. No idea if true or just an EV hate story.

My uneducated, unresearched take is that EV's higher capitol cost up front will buy lower operating costs for the outset but there is a crossover point. IMO the only valid comparator is cost per kilometer over the life of the vehicle including energy inputs and maintenance from new through to scrapping of the vehicle. Include in that should be lost opportunity cost of waiting for a charge or any costs like extra overnight stays due to range limitations.

I'm also not a fan of hybrid, having a second drive/control/nanny system(s) to maintain add complexity that I don't figure adds to reliability or reduces life long operating costs. Again, just my unresearched opinion.

The fact that consumers are looking to EV's means the carbon tax is working. Whether a shift to EV's is more beneficial to the consumers over ICE is separate question. There's a lot of $$ in EV's and the whole climate change hysteria.