Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,624

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

stangstevers
    Last year I was sick for 6 months... this year I’ve been in good shape. I take 1500 to 3000mg of vitC and some vitD as well. Everyone is sick in the office so bumped my C intake to 4000, by 1000mg dosages through out the day

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Last year I was sick for 6 months... this year I’ve been in good shape. I take 1500 to 3000mg of vitC and some vitD as well. Everyone is sick in the office so bumped my C intake to 4000, by 1000mg dosages through out the day
    Isn't it redundant at some point? I think you can only absorb a certain amount (and it depends on how it's delivered - absorption/binding agents)? Not certain about it though as I don't really take VitC supplements. Maybe throw in things like blueberries, citrus, Oil of Oregano, etc., as added insurance? 6 months is a crazy long time to be sick, whether sequential or spread out.

It's sooooo dirty, I may have to try another car was even if it's minus 8

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A pack of darts and a 6 pack daily

That’s my vitamin c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

Lies I quit smoking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Isn't it redundant at some point? I think you can only absorb a certain amount (and it depends on how it's delivered - absorption/binding agents)? Not certain about it though as I don't really take VitC supplements. Maybe throw in things like blueberries, citrus, Oil of Oregano, etc., as added insurance? 6 months is a crazy long time to be sick, whether sequential or spread out.
    That's how I felt when a friend told me he does 10,000 per day LOL

I think 2000mg is fine to be honest, even if it starts dropping to 50% absorption rates at higher levels. I guess if it's healthy enough with some bio flavonoids you could use more VitC...

I'm no doctor though, even if it's a placebo, it's working for me. Last year I had the cold/flu off and on for 6 months, I missed a lot of work.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    That's how I felt when a friend told me he does 10,000 per day LOL

I think 2000mg is fine to be honest, even if it starts dropping to 50% absorption rates at higher levels. I guess if it's healthy enough with some bio flavonoids you could use more VitC...

I'm no doctor though, even if it's a placebo, it's working for me. Last year I had the cold/flu off and on for 6 months, I missed a lot of work.
    Even without the missing work aspect - that sucks, it's a lot of time during a year feeling crappy. Not sure about reliability of this source but I have read in the past about side effects of high levels of VitC supplements versus diet sourced VitC. Plus there is the additional issue that the majority of the manufactured VitC (added to food and supplements) come from China and only a small percentage of it is inspected so who knows what you're actually getting when you buy the stuff from drug stores and groceries (read this about 5 years ago but haven't looked into the sources; percentage at the time was 80-90% of supply). I'm not a doctor either so don't take medical advice from me...lol.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...c/faq-20058030

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Club Supporter
    He's a suspect now?

person of interest

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.