Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    What can I do about a neighbor that keeps calling the fire department on me?

9/10 times I start my wood burning fireplace in the garage.. the fire department shows up. Almost broke down my front door today.. understandable.

They do their check, all is good.. fireplace is setup safe. The city of Toronto has been here to inspect it.. all is good there too.

Edit: I KNOW who is calling but of course can't prove it.
    If you know who it is, call on them the day after they call on you. But do it from a pay phone or burner phone, obviously.

So I entered a draw with an on line parts supplier for a chance to win something like $15,000 in parts

Today my phone bing goes off of an email. The notification says from American Truck
    And the subject line says CONGRATULATIONS!

I think “no fucking way” as my heart beats faster. Mind immediately racing with all the goodies I’m gonna get.

Then I open the email and see the entire message line it says

“CONGRATULATIONS, on entering our draw. Don’t forget to enter each week for your best chance to win”

Bastards! Cruel cruel bastards.

I don’t understand. Are they doing this malicious intent? If so, I don’t get it. If not, are they not curious why your house has been on fire several times?
    -Don____________

9/10 times I start my wood burning fireplace in the garage.. the fire department shows up. Almost broke down my front door today.. understandable.

They do their check, all is good.. fireplace is setup safe. The city of Toronto has been here to inspect it.. all is good there too.

Do you not get along with said neighbour? We go to these type of calls all the time, and it usually tends to be a neighborhood disagreement. Maybe you need to approach the neighbour and ask them why they keep calling every time you light your stove. It could be as simple as they are simple and don’t get the fact that you are legally burning wood in your stove.

As for the cost, if you live in any area covered by a full time station, the cost is actually minimal as we are already there getting paid. The cost is fuel in the truck. If you are covered by a volunteer or paid on call station, then the cost can be substantial. Not sure if any department will charge a caller for a false alarm though as they may have good intentions in mind. You could also call your local fire department and speak to someone there about the situation you are having. They may be able to send a prevention officer out to speak to the complaintant about the situation so you are not seeing the FD every time you light your stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

I have a wood stove, had the original chimney lined so it vents up high (2 story house) never had a problem with using it

My neighbour has a wood stove had a chilly installed off the back single story much closer Down he has been called on

I was also called on last year for my fire pit in the back yard. Had a fire going and threw on a bunch of bark from my wood pile it got smoky and one of the neighbours got pissy

The other neighbour who was called on is known to burn garbage in his stove from time. It smokes like crazy and stinks to high hell. The time I know he was called on were around the same time he was burning garbage.

That all being said. And just a question. Are you just burning wood? Is you stove high effichancy?

A newer high effichancy stove will have a reburner and will snake far less once up to temp

Older stove or burning wet wood can lead to exess smoke and worked up neighbors.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CDNfyrfytr View Post
    Do you not get along with said neighbour? We go to these type of calls all the time, and it usually tends to be a neighborhood disagreement. Maybe you need to approach the neighbour and ask them why they keep calling every time you light your stove. It could be as simple as they are simple and don’t get the fact that you are legally burning wood in your stove.

As for the cost, if you live in any area covered by a full time station, the cost is actually minimal as we are already there getting paid. The cost is fuel in the truck. If you are covered by a volunteer or paid on call station, then the cost can be substantial. Not sure if any department will charge a caller for a false alarm though as they may have good intentions in mind. You could also call your local fire department and speak to someone there about the situation you are having. They may be able to send a prevention officer out to speak to the complaintant about the situation so you are not seeing the FD every time you light your stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good thought, station is right down the road from his place. Buddy of mine used to work out of there.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ".... Holy Sh-t.... what a ride!"

Snotty drive on snow covered n icy roads yesterday with the trailer on back, trucks good in the snow n was having no issue. Once onto the 407 West towards Toronto, ridiculous driving antics from so many it became useless to even try to keep count. Caddy SUV blows by at Mach 10 only to almost loose it and slow down to about 100 a short distance later, incessant lane changing by vehicle after vehicle after vehicle, sometimes cutting faster cars off n cause brake checks or almost loosing it themselves as they move through the berm and into the next lane. Does Johnny the Jackass thinks it's a freakin video game? There is no reset button nor is there a try over, your endangering my mine and everyone else's lives out there. Even more ridiculous, mini van jammed with what looks like an entire family, Dad in pass seat, scared shitless with two hands welded to the wheel teen ager at the helm making sudden lane changes for seemingly no reason. Yup, great time and place to get her some experience driving in the snow.
    Lack of on road enforcement (no I'm not talking about the endless chicken shiat radar traps down hills and transition zones) has turned our roads n highways into a war zone.

Side streets finally got plowed late last night, had a 4' berm in front of my place. Shoveled it aside then had to run around corner to grandparents before they attempted to shovel theirs. Get there, convince my 87yr old grandfather not to shovel and I'll do it. Finish in the midst of getting pelted by ice pellets, hop back in truck to head home and see my elderly neighbor attempting to ram the beam down with his little SUV.....ugh....several hours later I think I've cleared 7 driveways out and am really making my case to GF on why I need a 2500 with a plow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Snotty drive on snow covered n icy roads yesterday with the trailer on back, trucks good in the snow n was having no issue. Once onto the 407 West towards Toronto, ridiculous driving antics from so many it became useless to even try to keep count. Caddy SUV blows by at Mach 10 only to almost loose it and slow down to about 100 a short distance later, incessant lane changing by vehicle after vehicle after vehicle, sometimes cutting faster cars off n cause brake checks or almost loosing it themselves as they move through the berm and into the next lane. Does Johnny the Jackass thinks it's a freakin video game? There is no reset button nor is there a try over, your endangering my mine and everyone else's lives out there. Even more ridiculous, mini van jammed with what looks like an entire family, Dad in pass seat, scared shitless with two hands welded to the wheel teen ager at the helm making sudden lane changes for seemingly no reason. Yup, great time and place to get her some experience driving in the snow.
    Lack of on road enforcement (no I'm not talking about the endless chicken shiat radar traps down hills and transition zones) has turned our roads n highways into a war zone.
    I've only seen the opposite here over the last few days. LOTS of folks with clearly bald or shit tires, no wits about them, doing 10kmh in the middle of 2 lane main streets with the 4 ways on. Honestly if you are that nervous/petrified of winter driving or have a vehicle that is inadequate for the conditions STAY THE FUCK HOME. Seriously I don't know a single person who would blame someone for cancelling plans, calling in to work (USE YOUR 2 FREE PAID WYNNE DAYS!), or NOT GETTING FAST FOOD (seriously why are all the drive through lines so long in storms)
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate