Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 102 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Also BMW cinnamon leather interiors and how awesome they are.
    Some Cinnamon for the Mustang perhaps?

99GTRag
    This story, in a local paper about my Son's band:

Aug 28, 2014 | Vote0 0
    Big things ahead for Cold Creek County
    Big things ahead for Cold Creek County– Image 1
    Big things ahead for Cold Creek County– Image 1
    Bill Freeman
    After a powerhouse concert at the Havelock Country Jamboree, popular local band Cold Creek County is heading back into the studio to finish offtheir debut album. Rocking the band are Trevor MacLeod, Brandon Scott, Doug Oliver, Josh Lester and Justin Lester.
    Trent Hills Independent
    By Bill Freeman
    There are big things ahead for popular local band Cold Creek County.

Coming off a powerhouse set at the Havelock Country Jamboree where they opened for Alan Jackson and wowed the Friday afternoon crowd, Cold Creek County is headed back into the studio to finish off an album that will open up whole new musical worlds.

"There's all sorts of big things coming out about this group. It's all kind of hush-hush right now but great things are coming," says founder and lead singer Brandon Scott of Brighton. Scott, a former Havelock Country Showdown runner-up, has teamed up with My Darkest Days drummer Doug Oliver of Hastings with the band solidifying around Trevor MacLeod of Stratford, who also played guitar for MDD, and brothers Josh and Justin Lester of Trenton.

They deliver a powerful, dynamic sound that's already captured a sizeable fan base.

Playing the Jamboree was a highlight and they feel privileged to have received the invitation.

"It was mind-boggling. It was a lot of fun," Scott said. "I've been coming to the Jamboree for years so to finally get on that stage was a lifetime dream come true."

Canadian country superstar Johnny Reid felt the same way after camping out at the Jamboree as a fan and years later headlining two evening shows. The band in its present form has been together for about a year building momentum along the way while laying down tracks for an album. Five songs are done.

"It's been going sky-high. It's been great," says Scott. "Every show we pick up a few more fans and we just love the response we've been getting. Everywhere we go we seem to pick up people and they love what we're doing and we love having them on board. We're really outgoing guys and we love to talk and meet everybody and let people know we're around."

Cold Creek County blends country and rock in a way that works well.

"It's our roots," says Scott. "We grew up with rock and country and we put it together and that's coming out now."

"We sat in the studio all winter long and got the five songs done and now we're going to progress into a full length which is exciting," says Oliver who has built a studio in his home. "We're trying to play festivals here and there while we're getting it going."

Oliver says "it's not much of a transition at all" going from rock to country.

"I'm actually playing a lot more rock drumming now."

Scott and Oliver hand-picked the band and couldn't be happier with how it's turned out. The dynamic, he says, has been "amazing."

"We're very lucky." "A lot of bands I talk to say it takes a long time to figure out the proper members of your band and that's the most important thing; you've got to have the chemistry. Everyday we're killing it and bringing to the table; everyone knows what they have to do and they're doing it. It's awesome."

The Jamboree was "kind of the cap of the summer," says Scott. "We'll go back into the studio and finish the record and head on to the road."

| Bookmark and Share
    (0) COMMENT

Their future looks bright, make that very bright.
    Congrats guys, you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DXTRM View Post
    Some Cinnamon for the Mustang perhaps?

Thats what prompted it....want
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Thats what prompted it....want
    That looks really good!

saleenman
    Change interior laffs

Great to trip on over to Sparta from our pu in Aylmer . Got to even catch BB running against car#99 , sweet sounds of powa , wish I coulda stayed longer but had to run . Nice briefly meeting ya BB next time I'll take that beer I think you offered

Club Supporter
    Is it worth buying whiskey stones? What's a good price for these things?

Club Supporter
    Coming up next weekend...looks interesting (it's Friday evening also):

AwesTRUCK 2014
    Even though the rain made last year's annual food truck extravaganza a bit of a bust, I couldn't resist including at least one food truck event on this year's summer round-up. Coming in at the tail end of the summer, the food truck rally has moved west from Fort York to new digs just outside the city at Celebration Square in Mississauga (yes, I know that's not technically in Toronto). Admission is free and the award ceremony will be held on Saturday, September 6th. Expect many tacos and other gourmet food truck fare to be consumed although a full list of the 40 or so trucks participating is yet to be announced. For more food truck events, keep an eye on torontofoodtrucks.ca.

Anybody elses Fantasy Draft not go entirely as well as hoped...
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate