Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

^^^post pics
    I'm great at suggesting mods with other people's money.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ^^^post pics
    I'm great at suggesting mods with other people's money.
    Once it's back from getting a couple items fixed I will. It's currently yellow, needs to be wrapped or sprayed black first.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Crimp with a vice. Little bit of solder and heat shrink.

Always worked for me.
    Thought of that.. but it's for my trolling motor where connection is really important for the iPilot. Any little voltage drop and it acts up.. manufacture says specifically to not solder connections. I'm sure it would be fine.. but this damn thing gave me headaches last summer and just trying to do it right since whoever installed it previously was out to lunch.
    '88 LX

What’s ipilot ? Mine just runs off a foot peddle

I am looking for a decent plug though so I can run the wiring and remove the trolling motor when not being used.

What’s ipilot ? Mine just runs off a foot peddle

I am looking for a decent plug though so I can run the wiring and remove the trolling motor when not being used.
    Not sure if your being sarcastic or not... but this is iPilot

This is one of the better plugs on the market.. 6 gauge wire adapter sold separately https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...cptacle-mkr-18

I've tried a few different ones before but this seems to last the longest.

What boat ya got?
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Not sure if your being sarcastic or not... but this is iPilot

This is one of the better plugs on the market.. 6 gauge wire adapter sold separately https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...cptacle-mkr-18

I've tried a few different ones before but this seems to last the longest.

What boat ya got?
    Nope no sarcasam. I just bought my first real boat last year so still learning all the cool toys.
    It’s a 68 or 69 Glastron swinger try hull. With a mercuruser inboard/outboard

Picked up my min Kota used. It just runs off a food peddle

That’s pretty neat. What kind of battery life do you get off your trolling motor?

I have this probably irrational fear of running the battery dead and not being able to restart the boat. Was planning on picking up a little booster pack to keep in the boat.

First job this year will be to fix the exhaust seal on the stern drive. Then fix the hydrolic lift Then Finish hard wiring the trolling motor. And then Upgrade the fish finder.

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Nope no sarcasam. I just bought my first real boat last year so still learning all the cool toys.
    It’s a 68 or 69 Glastron swinger try hull. With a mercuruser inboard/outboard

Picked up my min Kota used. It just runs off a food peddle

That’s pretty neat. What kind of battery life do you get off your trolling motor?

I have this probably irrational fear of running the battery dead and not being able to restart the boat. Was planning on picking up a little booster pack to keep in the boat.

First job this year will be to fix the exhaust seal on the stern drive. Then fix the hydrolic lift Then Finish hard wiring the trolling motor. And then Upgrade the fish finder.
    Are you running the TM off your starting battery? If so you really need to dedicate a true deep cycle battery for it. All other electronics can be hooked up to the starting battery.

Is it cable steer or electric? A 50# 12v trolling motor generally runs 50 amps at top speed. A typical group 27 battery is about 85-95 amps. So at full speed it’s dead in less than 2 hours. Of course fishing at full trolling speed is near impossible. I go roughly 6-8 hours on a 50# 12v motor with 1 group 27 battery. A lot of different things can change this from wind to weight of the boat.

A 24v or 36v will cut down on amps big time but of course requires 2 or 3 batteries. You can hook up as many batteries as you want to a 12v trolling motor, just needs to be wired in parallel. So essentially doubling or tripling the amps. Or quadrupling if your a mad man.

If I were you I would get myself a onboard charger and a good deep cycle battery.. group 24, 27, 29 or 31.. your choice. Hook up the charger to both batteries, come home and plug them in and walk away. They’re ready for next time.

Ahh.. I’m a bad teacher. Hope this all makes sense.
    '88 LX

Yeah it does.

Running everything off the one battery currently. Motor is a electric steer.
    Was thinking a second battery might be a good idea. Just need to figure out where to put it.

What speed do you usualy troll at?
    Big lake fishing is all new to me so learning as I go.

Yeah it does.

Running everything off the one battery currently. Motor is a electric steer.
    Was thinking a second battery might be a good idea. Just need to figure out where to put it.

What speed do you usualy troll at?
    Big lake fishing is all new to me so learning as I go.
    Definitely get yourself a battery for it.. then you can just have some jumper cables onboard if your starting battery ever fails. Speed? Depends.. rarely take it above 3-4.
    '88 LX

Mustang Occasionally
    Looks like someone we all know just picked up their 2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT....