Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,605

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    The TV ratings for last weeks tournament are out and they are WAY up over last year.

Like him or hate him he attracts the spectators!
    I read that the rating for Sunday's final round broadcast was higher than:

2017 US Open Final round
    2017 British Open Final round
    2017 PGA Final round

the only final round of a major last year that had a higher rating than Sunday's final round was the final round of the 2017 Masters

that's the perspective we're talking about here

this was just a regular run-of-the-mill PGA tournament in early March

if Tiger is walking down the back 9 at Augusta in a few weeks with the lead....the sporting world is gonna go completely apeshit

Looking at online classifieds as I do and every one of my childhood/teenage import/turbo cars have sky rocketed in values to unobtainable levels. I used to tell myself that maybe one day I could afford the 60k or so to buy a "bad boys" era 964 Turbo, now I'd have to be a millionaire choosing between that same Porsche or a lake front cottage property. Still trying to figure out how fantasizing about a Lamborghini Gallardo is a more realistic dream than one day owning an Inline 6 Toyota made in 1994...
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Looking at online classifieds as I do and every one of my childhood/teenage import/turbo cars have sky rocketed in values to unobtainable levels. I used to tell myself that maybe one day I could afford the 60k or so to buy a "bad boys" era 964 Turbo, now I'd have to be a millionaire choosing between that same Porsche or a lake front cottage property. Still trying to figure out how fantasizing about a Lamborghini Gallardo is a more realistic dream than one day owning an Inline 6 Toyota made in 1994...

I’ve stopped thinking about such things Laffs.... gets me depressed thinking about the “what if’s”

True story boys, but try looking at drivers instead if cream puffs.....they’re not affordable by any means, but they are certainly attainable if you don’t eat meals or buy fuel for 5 years.

It's not even the what if's anymore, its more the what's the point. Also even rough stuff is at levels of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Anybody ever have a package stolen off the front porch?
    What are the next steps? Anything? Cops?

Got the little shit on video.
    I never have, but I shipped an item to Nova Scotia, Purolator says they left it on the porch, guy claims he never recieved it no signature, companies out $500 bucks and since we didn't insure it Purolator compensates a $100.00.
    What other industry has the latitude given to couriers, no responsibility to provide trustworthy service, sorry we have hacks working for us, you better insure it as it may go missing.

It's not even the what if's anymore, its more the what's the point. Also even rough stuff is at levels of stupid.
    I was looking for a Turbo Supra a few years back and at that point a nice driver was around $30k, not that bad considering the car. I also have been looking at Skylines and RX7s a bit since a buddy is looking for one, you can get a decent, modded Skyline for under $20k. These are us prices, of course.

Every car has a sweet spot.....and if a car has given you a boner since the day you laid eyes on it..you have to wait for the sweet spot and strike!!

For me that car is the Ford GT........it was 140K brand new if you could even get on a list........I had no such funds in 2005/2006 and now it's 300K. The latest one is 600K and only will go up from there. I have no chance to own either gen now.

A Gallardo could be had for 60K (unmodified) about 3 years ago. I would opt for an underground racing modded version.....but need to be in the right place at the right time.

When you're dad wants to sell the AMG 63 for under 50K......call me!

Club Supporter
    Twenty fucking Eighteen and cops run over a small animal multiple times to kill it (I guess they just use the guns on people) and United Airlines kills a dog. Make America Great Again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Every car has a sweet spot.....and if a car has given you a boner since the day you laid eyes on it..you have to wait for the sweet spot and strike!!

For me that car is the Ford GT........it was 140K brand new if you could even get on a list........I had no such funds in 2005/2006 and now it's 300K. The latest one is 600K and only will go up from there. I have no chance to own either gen now.

A Gallardo could be had for 60K (unmodified) about 3 years ago. I would opt for an underground racing modded version.....but need to be in the right place at the right time.

When you're dad wants to sell the AMG 63 for under 50K......call me!
    Also agreed on all statements. A lot of this nonsense I'm spewing is because I'm trying to push myself all in on an E46 M3, they starting to climb and I feel like owning a Laguna Seca Blue or Carbonschwarz on Cinnamon E46 manual would be bucket list for me and a good spring board to one day Porsche. Difficulty is all the "other stuff" associated with getting.

Let me know if you're serious on that last one. He's going to start looking next season with the announcement of the AMG GT4, don't know what his ask will be then, I know now its in the mid/low 60s.