Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    huh.
    I've never heard of the "bathtub curve". I guess we don't encounter that failure mode often in structural engineering. It would be very very bad if we had the "early 'infant mortality' failures" portion of the curve in buildings.
    Ya, I don't think a percent of building are allowed to fall down within the first 5 years and be deemed acceptable. Heard it moreso among components and systems of automotive.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    The well thought out structural designers will include steel i-beams overhead of our equipment to allow for the motor or reducer to be lifted out of the way with a beam trolley..
    This is incorporated into structural design all the time. Every elevator shaft has a hoist beam at the top. Grocery store mechanical mezzanines have hoist beams that project out the maintenance door. Basement electrical vaults have 'knock-out' panels designed into the walls.

Structures to aid in maintenance operations need to be written into the specs of said equipment and be submitted ahead of time to be incorporate/coordinated into the design.
    -Don____________

Creighton Blue Jays...really??

How about go come up with your own fucking logo???

Just saying...

What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

This is incorporated into structural design all the time. Every elevator shaft has a hoist beam at the top. Grocery store mechanical mezzanines have hoist beams that project out the maintenance door. Basement electrical vaults have 'knock-out' panels designed into the walls.

Structures to aid in maintenance operations need to be written into the specs of said equipment and be submitted ahead of time to be incorporate/coordinated into the design.
    Couldn't agree more with what you are say above Don. Just see it happen regularly that forward thinking is not part of the spec/ design.

It's often not our fault. In a rush to break ground and get the building build, we are done our part before any of the mechanical, electrical, or operations guys have even started to look at the design.
    -Don____________

Got into a debate with a GC on a local health unit build. I was the lowly appliance guy brought into install the gas dryer but for some reason the engeneer. Who did the design had them install a 6” 150 foot. Dryer vent.
    Max according to manufacture is 4” and like 60 foot.

Because it was gas code says it had to adhere to the manufactures recommendation.
    Took 3 calls for the appliance tech rep and one for the TSSA rep before they listened. Had three engeneers calling me telling me just doing it’s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I was looking to replace my much hated (by me) Nissan Sentra winter beater. I thought I’d grab an accura TL or something similar. I stumbled onto a SC400, pulled the trigger. It is virtually rust free, mostly stock and too nice to drive in the winter. So now I had to buy another beater and have another 90’s vehicle to maintain in my growing fleet.

I’ve always like the SC’s but now realize I should’ve waited for an SC300 with the Supra running gear. This SC is sort of the gentleman’s Supra and the one vehicle I own that doesn’t scream redneck
    SC300 doesn’t exactly have Supra running gear, those stories are false, if that were the case you could say a GS300 has Supra running gear, but it doesn’t either, I had one.
    SC400 is a sweet ride man, but after owning an LS400 and making the mistake of wanting to maintain it (timing belt, water pump, full tune up), I sold it, really regret that though as it was one of my favourite cars I ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    SC300 doesn’t exactly have Supra running gear, those stories are false, if that were the case you could say a GS300 has Supra running gear, but it doesn’t either, I had one.
    SC400 is a sweet ride man, but after owning an LS400 and making the mistake of wanting to maintain it (timing belt, water pump, full tune up), I sold it, really regret that though as it was one of my favourite cars I ever owned.
    But you put Evo wheels on it and it was mad JDM tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    But you put Evo wheels on it and it was mad JDM tight.
    Lmao, JDMAF bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    yep I did standard maint to mine, timing belt, water pump, starter, rad, brake and fuel lines, service the injectors, wires, plugs, blast out the upper/lower, new pulley bearings, tensioner, swapped in LS400 brakes and a Torsen. Supra front K, arms, bar etc bolts right up, as does the Supra rear cradle/arms/bar. I grabbed a 200k winter driven parts car and stripped it. Gonna do the belt/water pump/tune to the engine and crate up for a spare. I'm considering getting the parts car tranny serviced as well. I had the rear end out to do the lines and debated swapping in the Supra gear but found a semi cheap Torsen and left it at that.

I plan on using this as my "date " car and drive it in a sedate old man fashion.
    Dude, it’s a Lexus, not a Mustang, you don’t need to keep a spare engine on hand, lol.
    And yes, the pearl white is very hard to match, be careful. Car sounds pretty sick though, I felt like a boss in my LS, all I did was the aforementioned EVO wheels for summer, resonator and middle muffler delete, and swapped in some seats from a Nissan Altima I was scrapping.