Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,632

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Went out in the 05 today to get a haircut and try to burn off the rest of the winter gas. I did and then couldn't find 94 at any of the Petros I went to. Luckily made it to one before I ran out of gas and put in $50 at $1.56/L

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Just tune it to 91

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Just tune it to 91

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think my tuner likes the extra safety of the higher octane, I'm also adding another 2 pounds of boost which may need it to?
    I wish we had E85 here. I'd plan the engine build completely different if we did.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

How come I struggle to remember what my own phone number is but I still know Scruff McGruffs full address and postal code without hesitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    How come I struggle to remember what my own phone number is but I still know Scruff McGruffs full address and postal code without hesitation.
    welcome to my world

I memorized my wife's driver license # 30 years ago and can still rhyme it off today like nothing

but ask me what her cell phone # is and I haven't got a clue

I think my brain must be full

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    welcome to my world

I memorized my wife's driver license # 30 years ago and can still rhyme it off today like nothing

but ask me what her cell phone # is and I haven't got a clue

I think my brain must be full
    Ya my hard drive is definitely full. Concerned every time I learn something new at work I'm going to forget where I live or how to walk as a result. Kinda my fault, there's a whole bunch of Porsche trivia and knowledge I'll likely never use but refuse to let go of.

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Ya my hard drive is definitely full. Concerned every time I learn something new at work I'm going to forget where I live or how to walk as a result. Kinda my fault, there's a whole bunch of Porsche trivia and knowledge I'll likely never use but refuse to let go of.
    my wife thought my memorizing her driver's license # was sort of useless too

then about 10+ years ago some bastard stole her wallet with all her ID and cards in it

we walked into TD and explained the situation trying to get her a new bank card asap so she had at least some access to cash

denied....said you need I.D.

I said - "you got her driver's license # on that screen?"

she said yes

I said - H************22

the lady was kinda stunned....cleared her throat and said she'd be right back with a new card

and we had the # written down and kept it in the car until she got her license returned (thief took the cash only and threw the wallet into a mail box) just in case she got pulled over

always felt it was good to have the DL# memorized.....like if you're stuck at the border and someone swiped your wallet and they won't let you back into the country

-Don____________

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    my wife thought my memorizing her driver's license # was sort of useless too

then about 10+ years ago some bastard stole her wallet with all her ID and cards in it

we walked into TD and explained the situation trying to get her a new bank card asap so she had at least some access to cash

denied....said you need I.D.

I said - "you got her driver's license # on that screen?"

she said yes

I said - H************22

the lady was kinda stunned....cleared her throat and said she'd be right back with a new card

and we had the # written down and kept it in the car until she got her license returned (thief took the cash only and threw the wallet into a mail box) just in case she got pulled over

always felt it was good to have the DL# memorized.....like if you're stuck at the border and someone swiped your wallet and they won't let you back into the country

Half of the DL number is your birth date so it shouldn't be that hard to remember.

Our memories are going because we've delegated that function of our brain to our smartphones so it's being used less and space between the synapses won't be as well greased as time goes by. Fun stuff....

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Half of the DL number is your birth date so it shouldn't be that hard to remember.....
    I don't remember it that way

I think I repeated the # enough times in my head that it kinda comes off like musical notes or something

fwiw....I had a pretty nice 10-speed bike that I bought with paper route money in about 1978 or 1979...all on my own...was expensive for the time...like $350

the serial # was RD134662

bicycle thefts were big back then in my area and I wanted to be able to identify it if someone swiped it and did a repaint

I sold the thing in like 1983....so not sure how the fuck I still remember the serial #

I remember the plates my dad had on his 1984 GT Convertible he had when I was 5 "538 KAK" and I remember he changed the white top to black. I don't remember my license plates.