Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    If you’re on city water look into a water back up. It’s much more reliable than battery.
    Good idea. After the ice storm the power was out so long a lot of people had their batteries run dry.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...-6-no-opt-out/

Amber alert for a missing 8 year old in Thunder Bay. I do not feel like I was in any immediate danger.
    Surely somebody will develop an ap to suppress this stupid alert system.
    I can understand a one time Amber alert, ok fine. But not 3 loud blasting alerts. First alert in English, 30min later second alert in French. Third alert the kid was found (thankfully so) I have my 5yr old home today from school because she is sick. Now she's scared as fuck of that loud sound when my phone goes off. The third alert woke my sleeping 20 month old baby from 25ft away!

EDIT: I found how to disable the Amber alert alarm in my phone settings, thank you Google!
    All phones (in your text message settings) should have the feature to silence the alarm and/or vibration, this way just the Amber alert message is displayed, nothing else.
    Last edited by True Blue; 05-14-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Good idea. After the ice storm the power was out so long a lot of people had their batteries run dry.
    Family relation had one, worked great until the pump itself sprung a leak when they were out of town. They loved having it up until that point though. Although I think they have one again now as a just in case.

I work with quite a few people on their own wells. All now have small generators handy to run their sump pumps just in case. That is another good option, you can get a small generator for not that much.

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Don't take long. If they don't get on it tomorrow I'd recommend telling your insurance company you're renting an industrial fan and dehumidifier and submitting the cost as part of the claim.
    Arrived at 4:30, carpets been soaked 32hrs “ish” and they just dropped fans down and the dehumidifiers, I’m insisting they just yank the carpet now.

Mold growth happens incredibly quick and I have a young family, my adjuster doesn’t see it my way even after I sent her reports from fema/cdc saying regardless of clean water sources, water goes stagnant quickly and to remove carpet.

Fucking insurance adjusters

Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    Arrived at 4:30, carpets been soaked 32hrs “ish” and they just dropped fans down and the dehumidifiers, I’m insisting they just yank the carpet now.

Mold growth happens incredibly quick and I have a young family, my adjuster doesn’t see it my way even after I sent her reports from fema/cdc saying regardless of clean water sources, water goes stagnant quickly and to remove carpet.

Fucking insurance adjusters
    Dealing with insurance shit is a headache. Standing your ground and being all over them is the only way to ensure a reasonable outcome.

I just got done throwing in a new 1/3 hp pump in my sump pit. I now have a 1/2 hp submersible at base of pit and the new unit set to kick on if the water level rises another 4". Going to get a UPS for them tomorrow, however I'll probably end up throwing this recepticle on a transfer switch for the genny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I'm likewise a sump pump saddled homeowner. 3 times in the last year I've been home or arrived just in time to avert a flood. Storm, rain, wind, power outage. I grabbed 3 of the battery back-up units used by my computers and kept the flood at bay for the 4-5 hours of crisis.

I'm debating gutting one of these units and hooking up a couple of car batteries instead of the small scooter size battery in the case.

I've had a DC second pump that was inadequate. I also had a failure of the check valve splitting the two pumps into one discharge.

I'm in favor of one good quality A/C pump with an inverter/battery back up.

My neighbor's new place has a water powered back up pump (uses city water pressure to spin the pump). He got flooded on the occasion I used my batteries.
    I have each pump with its only check valve, then they wye in to the main discharge out of the house.

Appreciate the insights. My pedestal pump float is clear the side of the pit as is the tether switch on the secondary pump. Going to continue to test every couple months to verify. The check valve stuff sucks. I hate how a $20 part failure can inflict so much damage, which is why I bought spares. May end up putting in a water powered back up pump.

I'm a big fan of overkill.

Rain day maybe time to swap out snows lol

stangstevers
    Is it Friday yet?

So...what the fuck Ford?? lol

woke up and I was bored so went for a rip in the Stand down the 404 and back...like 1am ish, because I'm normal!!

anyways...windows down of course even though it's a tad chilly...so I put the heat on for my feet...then switch to the dash...then my feet...then the dash...why the fuck did Ford not put in one that does both at the same time in the New Edge-mobiles? I mean damn...even my '97 Sunfire had more control over the air flow distribution...

anyways...that is all...back to being normal!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.