Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

stangstevers
    I am burnt out from this fucking house. Got the last bathroom almost buttoned up and last big piece is the mud room and then all the detail work to finish up all the trim and wainscoting since I've been doing a lot of fancy trimwork including plans for coffered ceilings. This is just because we plan on selling it in 5 years if the market isn't as dumpy as today. On my stupid plate in the last 12 months:

- Finish full on basement reno on old house and a bunch of other renos before selling
    - Moving
    - Gutting and renos on the new house which is twice as big as before
    - Aging parents and the cancer scare - their house is a big mess financially and literally, brother and I need to figure out what to do about it
    - PMP exam
    - CBAP exam
    - New role at work and possibly climbing to VP position and job interviews for exec level at other companies
    - Learning social media and content marketing with my website, traffic is pretty good right now but still lots of work and I'm behind.
    - I had a scary and painful health issue that had me on my ass for weeks and strong meds...
    - 6 month leadership courses I have to take for work
    - Thinking about going back to school to get MBA as well

Other stuff that isn't important:
    - Notch needs new engine I think
    - Suspension upgrades on the notch
    - Cobra restoration
    - Getting ready for a music show in October (I haven't played guitar in a year and I suck more than usual)

I feel my age. I used to be able to work 15-18 hour days without an issue. Hell I remember working 36 hours pretty much straight, maybe a few naps in the office and then flying to vegas for SEMA and building and dismantling a booth and flying back. Today... yeah right, I'd drop dead... I'm tired after just 10 hours at the office now LOL... I smoke weed and drink and take some oxy from time to time to hide the pain and push through. About to do coke to keep up... shit man... I need a vacation.

^^ take it easy man Long road ahead of you , in the end not a race but a marathon , you are still young and your kids will need you in good health , trust me !

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I am burnt out from this fucking house. Got the last bathroom almost buttoned up and last big piece is the mud room and then all the detail work to finish up all the trim and wainscoting since I've been doing a lot of fancy trimwork including plans for coffered ceilings. This is just because we plan on selling it in 5 years if the market isn't as dumpy as today. On my stupid plate in the last 12 months:

- Finish full on basement reno on old house and a bunch of other renos before selling
    - Moving
    - Gutting and renos on the new house which is twice as big as before
    - Aging parents and the cancer scare - their house is a big mess financially and literally, brother and I need to figure out what to do about it
    - PMP exam
    - CBAP exam
    - New role at work and possibly climbing to VP position and job interviews for exec level at other companies
    - Learning social media and content marketing with my website, traffic is pretty good right now but still lots of work and I'm behind.
    - I had a scary and painful health issue that had me on my ass for weeks and strong meds...
    - 6 month leadership courses I have to take for work
    - Thinking about going back to school to get MBA as well

Other stuff that isn't important:
    - Notch needs new engine I think
    - Suspension upgrades on the notch
    - Cobra restoration
    - Getting ready for a music show in October (I haven't played guitar in a year and I suck more than usual)

I feel my age. I used to be able to work 15-18 hour days without an issue. Hell I remember working 36 hours pretty much straight, maybe a few naps in the office and then flying to vegas for SEMA and building and dismantling a booth and flying back. Today... yeah right, I'd drop dead... I'm tired after just 10 hours at the office now LOL... I smoke weed and drink and take some oxy from time to time to hide the pain and push through. About to do coke to keep up... shit man... I need a vacation.
    Sounds like you are far enough along career wise with options for next level/C-suite - would the cost/time of an MBA make a difference at this point? Are you thinking company paid EMBA on weekends?

^^ hey u encourage the young man to take a vacay

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    ^^ hey u encourage the young man to take a vacay
    LOL! I agree with the vacay - life is too short not to. An MBA is a commitment with a lot of work and depending where you are in a career the ROI may not be as good as doing it when you're younger (late 20's/early 30's) unless you're looking to make a career change. All the other stuff might pay off sooner (PMP/CBAP, etc).

stangstevers
    That’s what my boss said. But it is a ton of work and will take a while. That’s up in the air. I read “the 10 day MBA” is that enough? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

On my mind... build a 331 stroker?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    That’s what my boss said. But it is a ton of work and will take a while. That’s up in the air. I read “the 10 day MBA” is that enough? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

On my mind... build a 331 stroker?
    Mine took 2 years full-time and quite a few bucks but I did it before I turned 30. Later on it's harder to get the desired ROI on it since a "good" one in Canada today costs $70K plus....if your company is paying for it and giving you some room to do it (days off, etc) and you are going to stay there for a while (so you don't have to reimburse them) then it could make sense.

Got my truck back, looks great.. the gentlemen who worked on it did a nice job. He managed to get a tad of over spray on the tailpipe though and it's driving me nuts. Would some fine grit sandpaper clean it up?

Edit: and for once I'm not late to the party on used fox parts. Thanks for the MM steering shaft Hutch!
    '88 LX

Yup, or some thinner on a scotch brite would work as well.

I have used 0000 steel wool to clean chrome exchaust, fine enough it doesn't scratch

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk