Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,625

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

WTF
    muther nature is not helping me water the yard this year

gonna get another one of those notices from the city telling me to check for a leak....not to mention the water bill

Hawt humid moving apartments all weekend ....beers and sleep needed
    Luv Montreal, infrastructure is 2 decades behind , but food and lady’s make up for it

stangstevers
    Welp I fixed my own damn AC unit... 2 "repair" guys came over to sell me a new system. I'm stupid but not trudeau level stupid... the system I have is just 6 or 7 years old.

Anyway there aren't many moving parts so I tested the solenoid thing (they call it a connector?) and that worked, no resistance and I bypassed it to make sure... fan was working but I figured it was either the capacitor or the thermal switch inside the compressor thing... but it sounded like it wanted to boot up just missing a little juice.

So I tested the capacitor (don't have capacitance in my digital multimeter) so after discharging the thing, I checked... fan side had low resistance and it moved around... other side (compressor side) showed no resistance, just wide-open... also no amp draw after testing it very stupidly with direct AC power... (don't do this unless completely sober and have a total respect for electricity).

Anyway ordered one rush from amazon and voila... damn thing is humming like a new machine and cold air blasts my junk once again as I sit here in an awkward position typing this. The only thing is the new capacitor is 45/5 the same as old but the package is much smaller. I hope that doesn't make much a difference. I may order another of the same part number in case. Just need to go to a HVAC supply place I guess.

My AC struggles to keep the house at 73 F seems to like being set to 75, then will cycle off and on properly. @stangstevers, good call, most people would have given up their first born to get the AC back on. Backup capacitor is cheap insurance.

Looks like will be truck shopping again but my dealer says they can’t find the exact truck we had. Will have to order and be without a truck till it comes in or settle for less options.

Insurance is giving us an extra week with the rental so we can take the boys camping like planned next week.

They gave us a GMC 2500 as a rental so we could tow the trailer.
    I like having the bigger truck (and the stock suspension handles the trailer better than the half ton. But easy to upgrade suspension to handle that) But how can anyone justify paying the extra cost of a 2500 or 250 3/4 ton to get the same tow raiting offered by the f150 with the eco boost?

And the fuel economy in the gm is HORRABLE. Like averaging 20l/100km kind of bad.

I did go look at the new ram. And it looks good in the sport package and claims 12750 lb tow raiting. And 13L/100km

But still not as well equipped for the price as the F150

Though they are offering 0% financing.

stangstevers
    I got over 20l/100km in the f250 too... when I rented one. Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Welp I fixed my own damn AC unit... 2 "repair" guys came over to sell me a new system. I'm stupid but not trudeau level stupid... the system I have is just 6 or 7 years old.

Anyway there aren't many moving parts so I tested the solenoid thing (they call it a connector?) and that worked, no resistance and I bypassed it to make sure... fan was working but I figured it was either the capacitor or the thermal switch inside the compressor thing... but it sounded like it wanted to boot up just missing a little juice.

So I tested the capacitor (don't have capacitance in my digital multimeter) so after discharging the thing, I checked... fan side had low resistance and it moved around... other side (compressor side) showed no resistance, just wide-open... also no amp draw after testing it very stupidly with direct AC power... (don't do this unless completely sober and have a total respect for electricity).

Anyway ordered one rush from amazon and voila... damn thing is humming like a new machine and cold air blasts my junk once again as I sit here in an awkward position typing this. The only thing is the new capacitor is 45/5 the same as old but the package is much smaller. I hope that doesn't make much a difference. I may order another of the same part number in case. Just need to go to a HVAC supply place I guess.
    45/5 & ur good to go nice

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    sounds like the insurance company should either front you a rental until the same truck is brought in, or possibly foot the surplus to pay for one that has a few extra options.

You bought insurance for replacement, not substitution.
    the truck is a lease. so when the insurance pays out the claim they pay it out to ford its up to me to go lease another vehicle. (which could be crap cuz I believe the good lease incentives just ended today) but the insurance company is only required to provide a rental until the claim is settled, though they would typically give a few extra days to allow you to purchase something else. in my case the have allowed the extra week though 5 to 7 weeks shy of lead time to order a new truck from the factory

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I got over 20l/100km in the f250 too... when I rented one. Ouch
    yeah seems not worth it unless you drop the extra 10 k for the diesel, especially since the 2500 gmc I got has less power than the f150, less options than the f150, is priced over 10 k more than I payed for my f150 and only has a bout a 1000 lb higher tow rating.

the only real plus is the better suspension but air bags in the f150 took care of that fairly well

Call late last night. Truck was found. Sounds like a chase. Officer said it was driven accross a field and they had two people in custody. Waiting to hear back from the towing company so I can go see how bad it is.