Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Those SJW snowflakes that say we shouldn’t drive cars for pollution... don’t they lineup at an Apple store to buy the next level up phone while their existing one is good for another 2 or 3 years? More lithium mined, more plastic created, bigger factories and shipping monsters burning raw oil, diesel trucks and stores all in use so they can post how offended they are when they see someone in a car?
    yah somebody has got a real hate on for internal combustion - not sure why anymore they are very clean - in the past you could see all the highways in the sky and just had to follow the yellow mung hanging over each route - don't see that anymore

Those SJW snowflakes that say we shouldn’t drive cars for pollution... don’t they lineup at an Apple store to buy the next level up phone while their existing one is good for another 2 or 3 years? More lithium mined, more plastic created, bigger factories and shipping monsters burning raw oil, diesel trucks and stores all in use so they can post how offended they are when they see someone in a car?
    So if I'm reading you correctly ....I can justify driving my Mustang (insert "not this summer" joke here) by not upgrading my iphone 5?

edit:
    Manufacturing a cellphone uses approximately 1390 MJ of energy and produces 60 kg of CO2 emissions (see calculations below).

To put this in perspective, a gallon of gasoline* has 131 MJ of energy and emits 8.8 kg of CO2. Therefore, manufacturing a cellphone uses as much energy as 10.5 gallons of gasoline and emits as much as 6.8 gallons of gasoline
    http://fatknowledge.blogspot.com/200...ile-phone.html

So not even one tank of gas we're talking about here.
    I get what you are trying to say, but I don't think cell phones are in the same league as cars (i.e. a fuel efficient car vs a muscle car).
    Last edited by RedSN; 08-24-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    and... at average 656 gallons per driver/year. So about 12,725 pounds of CO2..

I'm being funny though, most people who drive ICE powered cars also own smartphones LOL I guess what I'd like to say is people who complain about cars, are also part of the problem if they buy products, eat food, use electricity.

stangstevers
    I guess the drama isn’t scripted? Lol

https://youtu.be/vsrGdi6HeUQ

...people who complain about cars, are also part of the problem....
    They don't have to be. If they would just plug themselves back into the matrix they would produce energy instead of consuming it.

-Don____________

stangstevers
    I’d plug myself back in... f that noise. I’ll enjoy my fake steak and fake beer.

stangstevers
    Maybe they shouldn’t have kids lol

https://www.newsweek.com/couple-coul...-years-1089162

LOL, he knew. Maybe she didn’t. But HE knew.
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    Lmao...

WTF
    SPA.......