Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    ...if there's a power outage snow days could become year round.
    good point.

however, if we have a power outage right now you can't get gasoline to refill your car. Unless the gas pumps run on unicorn rainbows.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Went to grab a pair of jeans , simple right ?....since when did our society become so “slim fit & skinny” jeez , 8/10 didn’t feel like denim but spandex ...maybe I gotta get on this fitness thing so I can fit into slim fits
    Old Navy online, "relax fit" about $20-25 a pair with stacked promo codes.

I’m looking to buy stock in Dilithium Crystals or Mr. Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    we will see - personally it will be at least ten years before I purchase electric , I will hang on to the last minute - but the big three have really had nothing to offer, especially Chrysler and there doesn't seem to be much coming down the pipe - when you see what's available now fiesta and bolt not too practically for a family, does Chrysler even have a hybrid...? not really judging just wondering trump may delay the need with his course of action...
    agree, it almost seems like companies like rivian are promising stuff that the current tech just cant support, (drum up investors maybe?) would make sense that the current guys just are not releasing anything that they aren't 100% sure on. from what I have read a lot of the electric offerings are just not meeting in real world what they are rated at. as a service tech in rural area it will be a long long time with some real world backing of numbers before I drop any kind of money into electric

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    what's the point in EV's. Just moving the emissions to a central plant. Unless power generation gets much cleaner it looks like a net zero to me.
    probably not wrong. and ad to that the fact that in its current set up out grid could not sustain the requirements of switching all vehicles to electric.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Considering more than 1/2 of our electricity is nuclear, and another 1/4 is hydro, and the remaining is a mix of gas and green sources.... not sure how you are seeing that as a "net zero" shift in emissions?
    because the increase in production that would be required switching vehicles from gas to electric would have to come from somewhere. and since you will never get another hydro dam built in north america and nucelar is so long term build project and feared for "nuclear"

you will see mostly natural gas plants built, all the bragging from governments about eliminating coal, required building gas fired plants.

its hard to be definitive with limited real world numbers about what is sustainable and what the energy draw would be

was listing today to the idea that cars as we know it will be done in 10 years and no one will actually own their own cars anymore, instead it will all be "uber" or renta car. set ups.

so the theory is there that there would be less cars on the road therefore lower power requirements. but personally I honestly don't see that happening. maybe in the city but would never work in rural areas.

also considering how needy some people are need to have the newist coolest, I cant see people giving up the possession aspect of cars.

also the fact that I used to workin in detailing and people are fucking discusting in their cars, the concept of someone uses it form point A to point B and then you drive it from point B to point C, ect ect, I just don't see that working

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    was listing today to the idea that cars as we know it will be done in 10 years and no one will actually own their own cars anymore, instead it will all be "uber" or renta car. set ups.

so the theory is there that there would be less cars on the road therefore lower power requirements. but personally I honestly don't see that happening. maybe in the city but would never work in rural areas.

also considering how needy some people are need to have the newist coolest, I cant see people giving up the possession aspect of cars.

also the fact that I used to workin in detailing and people are fucking discusting in their cars, the concept of someone uses it form point A to point B and then you drive it from point B to point C, ect ect, I just don't see that working
    True but the concept of paying to sleep on a stranger's couch or their spare bedroom versus a traditional hotel was crazy and now AirBnB is a massive hotelier with no hotel assets, or getting in a car with a stranger to have them drive you somewhere - that used to be called hitchhiking and was considered dangerous but now everyone is doing it everywhere.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 11-29-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Valid points. Makes me worry cuz as I said I would work in the city but can’t see it working the same in rural areas. Hell we’ve only had a taxi service out here for maybe 10 years. Lol.

But if they buying power in the city’s stops buying cars and fuel I fear the cost is gonna go up for the rest of us.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Valid points. Makes me worry cuz as I said I would work in the city but can’t see it working the same in rural areas. Hell we’ve only had a taxi service out here for maybe 10 years. Lol.

But if they buying power in the city’s stops buying cars and fuel I fear the cost is gonna go up for the rest of us.
    Yes the lower volume sold will likely mean higher prices but AI/robotics will do even more of the building in the future (offset assembly cost?) since they'll be a composition of circuit boards, chipsets, and network/communication devices to "talk" to and coordinate with other machines.