Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Older single stage Toro 2-cycle blower. While in use it just shut off, had 1/2 a tank of gas still in it. Try to restart a few times, nothing.
    How old was the gas?

Plug, wire, carb. Likely one of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    How old was the gas?

Plug, wire, carb. Likely one of those 3.
    Gas is good, Shell 91 with stabilizer. Checked continuity at the on/off key, good. Checked the wires, good. Pulled the spark plug, try starting with it almost touching the block, no spark. Pulled the coil, ordered a replacement. Hopefully the part comes before the next storm. I need to get this machine going as I clean a few driveways in my area.

Sometimes those older units used fairly common parts. Can you Steal a coil off a push mower?

Did you try changing the plug? I know you did the spark test, but it may be as simple a a bad plug. Happened to me last season with my Arien snowblower. No start no matter what, changed the plug and it fired right up.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Sometimes those older units used fairly common parts. Can you Steal a coil off a push mower?
    I wish, this blower has the same 2-stroke Suzuki engine found on the older Lawn Boys. I know nobody who has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Did you try changing the plug? I know you did the spark test, but it may be as simple a a bad plug. Happened to me last season with my Arien snowblower. No start no matter what, changed the plug and it fired right up.
    I didn't... I checked the plug and cleaned it yesterday after the blower shut off. I wouldn't think a plug would malfunction all of a sudden while the blower was being in use.

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    I wish, this blower has the same 2-stroke Suzuki engine found on the older Lawn Boys. I know nobody who has one.

I didn't... I checked the plug and cleaned it yesterday after the blower shut off. I wouldn't think a plug would malfunction all of a sudden while the blower was being in use.
    It’s possable if the porcelain has cracked. Could be discharging to the block when installed. But will still start the electrodes when removed.

Be a quick easy check if your waiting on a coil any way

While not at all common, plugs can suddenly go dead like that.

Punches self for waiting too long to bring projects to shop. Will now wait for next dry day...
    Member of the IDGAF+FU2 Community

WTF
    had a crown done on a molar about 13 years ago

was never really the optimum solution and over the xmas break I could feel it was not right

so....gotta get a dental implant now

2 visits....$4,000

and I'm sure my coverage will cover 20% at best

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    alrighty

my basement reno is scheduled to start Monday May 26th

still some prep work here to do on my part....but the 6.5 week leadtime let's me handle that in stride

been planning this for years....and I've done the appropriate work on the house (namely waterproofing the foundation from the outside) so that I've got piece of mind that it will look and stay mint for decades...and we plan to stay here for decades

here we go
    How is your basement renovation going? We are also planning basement reno this summer. Keep you posted on how it goes.