Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Lack of proper education plays a part. Learning economics and budgeting would go a lot further than a lot of other things both at school and at home
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 03-30-2019 at 09:56 AM.

stangstevers
    It's like credit cards, we use cards for free money which means (in part) people who carry balances are buying me free stuff

I used to be an irresponsible person and would still be if not for the wife.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I’m conflicted. Because on one hand I’m like
    But on the other hand my wife works for the bank and has lost of bank stocks

...so yay irresponsible people?
    Well, yes - if you believe we are responsible for our decisions and actions. I guess the only excuse is that personal finance/money management is not taught to the young.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    I dunno if I’d call it irresponsible. It seems to be the norm nowadays. People just like to live a lavish life. Not me tho, old car, old boat.. kinda-new paid off truck. I can’t stand being in debt.
    Yes it is irresponsible: "People just like to live a lavish life" - irresponsible if you don't have the money for the lavish life. I suppose it's the individual's prerogative to piss away their money paying interest and fees but then they shouldn't complain about bank profits or look for taxpayer assistance later on when they can no longer work and income stops.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Yes it is irresponsible: "People just like to live a lavish life" - irresponsible if you don't have the money for the lavish life. I suppose it's the individual's prerogative to piss away their money paying interest and fees but then they shouldn't complain about bank profits or look for taxpayer assistance later on when they can no longer work and income stops.
    My buddy’s case it wasn’t so much irresponsible, just bad case of timing I guess.
    - bad divorce, legal fees associated with that mess, car loan on a normal car, property taxes etc etc then looking for a place once divorce settled , death (family) costs with that all seem to occur in that time period.

He does have a decent secure job, been there for 15 yrs, he knows he paid interest etc but is actually grateful that overdraft was there- saved him many times ( he’s flying solo)
    It took some time to float above water, car paid off , and other expenses too .so he’s actually saving now since there’s extra
    This guy is pretty thrifty spender actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    My buddy’s case it wasn’t so much irresponsible, just bad case of timing I guess.
    - bad divorce, legal fees associated with that mess, car loan on a normal car, property taxes etc etc then looking for a place once divorce settled , death (family) costs with that all seem to occur in that time period.

He does have a decent secure job, been there for 15 yrs, he knows he paid interest etc but is actually grateful that overdraft was there- saved him many times ( he’s flying solo)
    It took some time to float above water, car paid off , and other expenses too .so he’s actually saving now since there’s extra
    This guy is pretty thrifty spender actually.

Good that he's above water now - while times are good the wise thing would be to build an emergency cash fund to cover minimum of 6 months of expenses (12 months is better).

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Well glad to be home
    Mustang is stranded in Mississauga,
    Glad I was able to reach mom n pops
    And he trusted me to take his Dodge Journey home- must be his grandchildren,after driving his mine doesn’t feel so slow after all lol

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

What happened to it?

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    What happened to it?
    I switched the tires yesterday, and it’s snowing .

Oh snap, not a good night for no snows mr.