Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

DinoZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    I'm looking at a new 4xd Sprinter as I've been unable to find a used one with the options I'm after.

Try going into a Mercedes dealer and not being offered a steaming mug of condescension.

On another note this will be the third vehicle I've bought new. In both previous cases I bought with the assistance of the APA (Automobile Protection Agency) new vehicle buying service. In both cases I showed the APA derived quote to local dealers and they were unable to match the price.

I have no idea why everyone doesn't go this route, saves thousands.

https://www.apa.ca/purchasing.asp?gc...AaAr0kEALw_wcB
    So how are the véhicules priced?

DinoZ
    what function does a car salesman/person serve. I know more about the product than they do, every time. I'm not that smart.

That and super extravagant showrooms. I don't want to pay for fancy ass showrooms with my purchase.
    Apart from prostitution, interacting with someone to barter or purchase is probably the oldest profession. It’s a good feeling when 2 people win and feel good about it.

I’m a sales consultant and while I don’t harp on creating the game old relationship thing, my goal is to make sure the product or service i offer to that person, walks away with no remorse and has made a good choice of parting with their hard earned money. I want nothing less for me as well.

I'm looking at a new 4xd Sprinter as I've been unable to find a used one with the options I'm after.

Try going into a Mercedes dealer and not being offered a steaming mug of condescension.

On another note this will be the third vehicle I've bought new. In both previous cases I bought with the assistance of the APA (Automobile Protection Agency) new vehicle buying service. In both cases I showed the APA derived quote to local dealers and they were unable to match the price.

Try Freightliner dealership they us to sell sprinters - freightliner owned by Benz...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I've done the APA route before. It didn't always work for me.

DinoZ

So how much have you saved in the past, you say thousands, I’m curious as I’m looking at a new car for my wife.

Most important part to getting the very best deal possible, if you can't detach yourself from the warm n fuzzy feeling of how much you want the ride your standing in front of, chances are better vs not your normally smart / rationale self is going to have very little to do with the negotiation process and you'll pay too much and take too little for your trade. At that point, need someone there to do what you can't.
    Starz in yer eyes = pocket ready to be picked

DinoZ
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Most important part to getting the very best deal possible, if you can't detach yourself from the warm n fuzzy feeling of how much you want the ride your standing in front of, chances are better vs not your normally smart / rationale self is going to have very little to do with the negotiation process and you'll pay too much and take too little for your trade. At that point, need someone there to do what you can't.
    Starz in yer eyes = pocket ready to be picked
    Yes so true, unless of course I had a salesman like Trump, then I’d probably get the car for next to nothing

April 14 2019 Push It To The Limit aka PITL will be hosting their series event registration between 11 - 1pm @ Formula Cartways 79 Bramsteele Rd. Brampton. They will be announcing a new venue location this year that as I hear it will be better than the previous - first event is May 12 you can find them online and on FB - its a good time with great bunch of guys and gals yep gals. I haven't been for a couple a years and looking forward to this season

Autocross
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

DinoZ
    Big ticket items are very competitive, because of choice and the most informed ever generation, I beleive pricing may very well be at its fairest to the consumer. Everyone needs to make a living, if the dealer does not make sufficient margins he will lay off your neighbour who happens to be the maintenance person or technician.

I think that's part of the art of sales...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd