Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

weather says 18 tomorrow. tear down from the home show in the am then plan to spend the rest of the day outside

WTF
    the house project I've done my best to avoid for the past 22 years begins Tuesday

living room/dining room

the decider was the large living room window (approx 9ft wide x 6ft high) that started clouding up last fall.....it's being replaced Tuesday....and then it starts

1) california shutters on living room, dining room and front hall windows
    2) reface fireplace and add gas insert
    3) replace 62 year old 2" hardwood with new wide plank hardwood
    4) repaint pretty much the entire main floor
    5) replace every stick of furniture

I guesstimate this is gonna drag on for about 6-8 months because this space is where we spend most of our time....figure it'll be a waiting game for the shutters....and fireplace.....but when it's time to do the floor then the pace ramps up

upside will no doubt be the part of the plan that involves replacing the 40" TV with a 75".....downside will be spending bucks on dining room stuff that I could care less about

Worth it in the end, but you’re in for a bumpy ride. Good luck. Take lots of before/after pics!
    -Don____________

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Worth it in the end, but you’re in for a bumpy ride.
    if I can survive a kitchen reno.....then I can handle this

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    the house project I've done my best to avoid for the past 22 years begins Tuesday

living room/dining room

the decider was the large living room window (approx 9ft wide x 6ft high) that started clouding up last fall.....it's being replaced Tuesday....and then it starts

1) california shutters on living room, dining room and front hall windows
    2) reface fireplace and add gas insert
    3) replace 62 year old 2" hardwood with new wide plank hardwood
    4) repaint pretty much the entire main floor
    5) replace every stick of furniture

I guesstimate this is gonna drag on for about 6-8 months because this space is where we spend most of our time....figure it'll be a waiting game for the shutters....and fireplace.....but when it's time to do the floor then the pace ramps up

upside will no doubt be the part of the plan that involves replacing the 40" TV with a 75".....downside will be spending bucks on dining room stuff that I could care less about
    I understand completely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the diameter of a stock 2013 gt500 clutch and if I can make it work in my 2005? Would have 2013 6060 trans and factory throw out (I know 13/14 throw out bearing is different then earlier ones)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    reno's were one of the contributors to the failure of my second marriage. There is no getting around the fact that it stresses a marriage
    wife and I have been together for 31 years this August and married 25 years this Oct and I can't think of anything that has stressed our marriage

we just get along really well regardless of whatever fuckery is going on that we can't control

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    wife and I have been together for 31 years this August and married 25 years this Oct and I can't think of anything that has stressed our marriage

we just get along really well regardless of whatever fuckery is going on that we can't control
    Your a lucky man. A lot of love and respect in my marriage but business ownership has been the hardest thing we have tackled together. Just

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    You're a lucky man.
    you are damn right I am

couldn't be happier

Tire change day was exhausting. Time for a beer.
    -Don____________