Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

40,000lbs / (13x14.5)sf = 212 psf.

Is the deck made of a structural concrete slab?

40,000lbs / 5 "fat chicks" = 8,000 lbs each. Heaviest woman on earth was approximately 1,600 lb.
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    you and your facts lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    40,000lbs / (13x14.5)sf = 212 psf.

Is the deck made of a structural concrete slab?

40,000lbs / 5 "fat chicks" = 8,000 lbs each. Heaviest woman on earth was approximately 1,600 lb.
    Every time I look at our one supplier catalog, I see under the structural decking their product designed for 400psf loads and just go what the hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

http://Www.bringatrailer.com/listing...g-svt-cobra-r/

A good example of what a high dollar original fox sells for

Link doesn't seem to work I will try to repost later
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    wait... you guys blaming moslims for the church? LOL More likely a Christian construction worker who didn't put out his cigarette.

What I will say though is why are people donating money? The Vatican is worth 15 billion bucks, they can afford to rebuild on the backs of their church-goers already. These rich people giving away hundreds of millions of dollars are fools, that money could be spent to actually help people, not restore a building. Yeah it's a historic building and it's sad that such architecture and engineering went up in smoke but it's more sad that some people can't even afford water.
    Copy and pasted from a Facebook post Mike Rowe shared

“The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris caught fire and the world watched it burn. The only word that comes to mind is “tragedy.” A real tragedy.

I never got to see the Cathedral of Notre Dame. Though, I had a chance once when I was nineteen. A girl I was dating from Dothan was going to France on scholarship. She asked me to go with her.

It was a bad idea. I am a small-town American who has never traveled overseas. The idea of leaving U.S. soil makes me break out in hives—I wouldn’t survive the Turkish toilets.

I told her to send me a postcard. I never saw her again.

But I always wanted to go. In fact, there are only a few things I’d like to see in person before I die:

The World Series. The Dixie Belle Riverboat. And the spires of Notre Dame de Paris.

I guess I missed my chance.

Today, my wife and I were riding through the Arizona wilderness after spending a weekend at the Grand Canyon. The local radio station interrupted George Strait to announce that Notre Dame was on fire.

My wife turned up the volume. A reporter with a heavy French accent said:

“Ze greatest relic of our civilization is engulfed in flames.” The announcer’s voice broke with emotion. “It is a tragedy, people, a true tragedy…”

My wife covered her mouth.

We pulled over at a burger joint outside Flagstaff, not far from historic Route 66. And in the all-American diner we watched the corner television broadcast a scene from Hell.

A flaming cathedral roof, falling to pieces. Dante’s Inferno.

“I been there once,” said our waitress, filling my coffee mug. “My family’s Italian Catholic, we saw the cathedral last year and my grandpa was holding my hand all along the tour, crying at the relics.”

“We’ve been there, too,” said another man who was eating lunch with his daughter. “Visited one summer, took my breath away.”

The man’s daughter nodded in agreement and kept working on her French fries.

“I couldn’t believe the rose windows,” our waitress went on. “I probably took a hundred pictures of the windows alone.”

The windows she’s referring to are the famous circular stained glass works, adorning the cathedral’s main portals.

The waitress showed us pictures on her phone. Those at the lunch counter craned necks to get a glimpse. We marveled.

The waitress replaced her cellphone in her pocket and made the Sign of the Cross.

“Just think,” said the waitress, “that building dates back to the days of Saint Francis of Assisi.”

It was sobering. My wife couldn’t eat her hashbrowns because she was watching the devastation. I saw a tear in the corner of her eye.

My wife tells me she once stood in Notre Dame, looking at its rafters, and she felt something deep. Awe, maybe.

“Uh oh,” a man said. “Look.”

It happened. The television showed footage of Notre Dame’s French Gothic spire, falling downward into a blaze. It toppled headfirst.

People in the restaurant let out small gasps. An old man sighed. So did the waitress. So did I.

I suppose we all knew what this meant. It meant the wooden lattice work that predates our surnames is gone. Certainly, it might be rebuilt someday, but it will never be what was lost.

Thus, on a quiet Monday afternoon, somewhere in America, my wife and I ate lunch in the company of fellow mourners.

We were five thousand miles away, in a side-of-the-road eatery, but in our hearts we were standing in the City of Lights across the Atlantic.

We watched, shaking our heads, biting our lips, and a few of us wiped our eyes.

Images of flames. European reporters wearing looks of disbelief. An eight-hundred-and-fifty-year-old holy monument, reduced to ashes.

It was not just a chapel, our waitress explained.

It was a subject of Impressionist paintings. It was a muse for Victor Hugo’s literary masterpiece. It contains what many believe to be the crown of thorns from the Crucifixion.

After our waitress served her last customer, she removed her apron and walked outside. I could see her through the diner window. She sat with hands clasped and head bowed.

I paid at the register. I took a final glance at the disturbing scenes on TV and realized I will never get to see it. At least not the way it was.

In the parking lot, I passed our waitress, seated on a bench. I couldn’t make out what she was saying, but I caught a few words.

“Áve María, grátia pléna,
    Dóminus técum…”

It was a tragedy. A real tragedy.“

A lot of people are quick to attack and denounce people who have faith. I find it better to make an attempt to understand.
    This is a true loss to a lot of people and a lot of people are willing to pay to save it.

To me better than The people willing to pay millions for a shoe some famous person wore. (As an example)

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    A lot of people are quick to attack and denounce people who have faith. I find it better to make an attempt to understand.
    This is a true loss to a lot of people and a lot of people are willing to pay to save it.
    I know that it's a Cathedral, and obviously a lot of religious significance attached to it, but to me i view it as a tremendous architectural loss. I would feel the exact same loss if the Blue Mosque or Angkor Wat were destroyed.
    -Don____________

I know that it's a Cathedral, and obviously a lot of religious significance attached to it, but to me i view it as a tremendous architectural loss. I would feel the exact same loss if the Blue Mosque or Angkor Wat were destroyed.
    What if a Butler Building burns down? Think of all the poor 24ga sheet metal and faux stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Mustang Occasionally
    Awesome article ^

stangstevers
    It's amazing how they managed to build such a thing considering how little "perceived" knowledge they had back then. Weren't glasses invented after? Significant milestone in human history culturally and architecturally. No doubt. I'm just not religious.

Of for sure. It’s something that even if rebuilt. It’s just not the same.