Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Boss is sending me to my hometown of London this week for a site visit. One of the locations is at Richmond and Oxford. Sent me down memory lane, feeling a bit nostalgic. When my allowance would allow, I would hop on the Oxford bus and go to McCormick's Hobby Centre. Sadly, it's no longer there.

Looks like they closed shop 4 years ago. They were in business since 1960. Place used to be so packed with model kits you could hardly move around. Little old lady there would always find me the perfect model kit.

Now it's a Yoga/Pilates studio
    -Don____________

Lived for a couple of years near there myself when I was 11-12.
    ~Scott B

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Boss is sending me to my hometown of London this week for a site visit. One of the locations is at Richmond and Oxford. Sent me down memory lane, feeling a bit nostalgic. When my allowance would allow, I would hop on the Oxford bus and go to McCormick's Hobby Centre. Sadly, it's no longer there.

Looks like they closed shop 4 years ago. They were in business since 1960. Place used to be so packed with model kits you could hardly move around. Little old lady there would always find me the perfect model kit.

I lived at the rexdale hobby shop when I was a kid up to about 20 yrs of age lol took m a while to grow up wonder if its still there in the rexdale plaza
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I went to boarding school there for a year.(Kicked me out-rebel without a clue i was)
    Regina Mundi Colledge - i think was the name.

I know that it's a Cathedral, and obviously a lot of religious significance attached to it, but to me i view it as a tremendous architectural loss. I would feel the exact same loss if the Blue Mosque or Angkor Wat were destroyed.
    I studies art history thru high school and a bit in college of course we touched architecture as well - it was pretty amazing the engineering in the old buildings and the size. If I remember correctly it took several decade to completed this building. Every era was known for it contribution to structure. I belief this building in particular was most known for the flying buttress structure. It's fascinating stuff an I'm motivated to revision my old studies and relearn how great arch lecture was and its importance. I'll new forget my art teacher Miss Clarke fascinating a patient woman. We studies art history during the spilt class and ever time the slide projector started up I would always fall asleep. Miss Clarke's response was always "don't brother him, let him sleep, he must be tired" lol she was one of those great teachers you new forget

Fat thumbs just don't cut it on my cheap Chinese spy phone lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Club Supporter
    I lived at Oxford and Cherry Hill for a couple years while going to Western - that was a while back so I'm sure it's changed a lot. My wife's uncle owned Shorten's of London (men's clothing store) on Richmond for a few decades - not sure if it's still there as he sold it a few years back after some health issues.

that place was the best

Joey Loganos got a pretty badass fox body. Think I found my new driver...
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Against docs suggestion, been pushing my knee exercises / stretches harder, seeing improvements. Felt good enough, stroll around the block seemed like a good idea, knee said otherwise at about the half way point n puffed up like a balloon by the time I got home. Maybe regroup with more exercise push n try it again in a day or so. Still a bunch better vs where I was a week ago so life is goooooooooooooood.

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Against docs suggestion, been pushing my knee exercises / stretches harder, seeing improvements. Felt good enough, stroll around the block seemed like a good idea, knee said otherwise at about the half way point n puffed up like a balloon by the time I got home. Maybe regroup with more exercise push n try it again in a day or so. Still a bunch better vs where I was a week ago so life is goooooooooooooood.
    Don't mess with knees. I have an issue that requires surgery and I've been ignoring it. Once in a while I can't walk without incredible pain... thankfully I have oxy to help lol But it causes other issues