Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    Ahh, I skimmed over the garage door part, thought you just did an opener.

But lemme tell ya, about 4 years ago my wife backed in to the garage door while closed, that was a fun night, lol. Me and a couple buddies beat it back into shape (kinda) and stuck it together with bubblegum and some rusty wood screws. Yeah now she has a new car with a camera and sensors, and auto braking, but I still am hesitant to replace the door. Just cheap I guess, plus it still kinda works.
    It was $1500 to replace my 9'x7' door and opener with an insulated door and a nice liftmaster opener. Not cheap but not outrageous either. I woulda just replaced the opener that failed but honestly the door was from 84, barely kept snow and rain out, more dented than our work trucks, and wasn't worth trying to fit a new opener to.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    You’ll be on your own with the complaint and possibly force the week boss to pick the easier response, which is sack the less belligerent party (you) as it’ll be an easier fight. Don’t count on support of co-workers who will duck and cover to avoid conflict.

I’d advise assisting your boss to see the problem himself and how it affects his bottom line ($$$). If action is his idea rather than yours you stand a chance at resolution.
    Agree with Legwound, tread lightly with this one. True with co- workers , I’ve been in situations and I turn around no one is there( they have all ran away like mice) and I’m stuck holding the ball.

As stated above “assist “ and hopefully your boss will see and have a chat with her.

Good luck L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Mmmmm. Guy called me back on that car. Cheap but not cheap enough my wife will say yes.

What to do......

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Mmmmm. Guy called me back on that car. Cheap but not cheap enough my wife will say yes.

What to do......
    Buy the wife a nice gift, get the car!

Anybody interested in a half finished thunderbird? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Anybody interested in a half finished thunderbird? Lol
    Tempting, but as previously stated: I have willpower to pass, LOL ....and no room, and no budget, and no time to complete.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Any advice on how to fix a toxic work environment? The Production Manager has been picking on one of the test technicians and watching his every move but she is out blasting with all her guns and taking everyone out at the same time. She is being loud and rude all at once. There has been many instances of her outburst with every single person here at the company. There is only 35 of us here. I have noticed that she sits in her office for hours on end chit chatting with her Production supervisor on a daily basis and gets away with it and then she suddenly gets out of seat and goes out and does her rampage and then back to her office. I feel that is not right. I do plan on speaking to the President of the company who is also the HR Manager and my boss as well. The only issue I have with him is that he is a weak person. What are your thoughts?
    I know I'm not an office guy but speaking up may put you in a bad position it sometime redirects attention to yourself - these things need to be approached with a lot of forethought and sometimes you come out looking like the problem - most people will sink their own ship - if it was me I would just sit back and watch the ship sink or sail and maybe have a little chuckle.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Tempting, but as previously stated: I have willpower to pass, LOL ....and no room, and no budget, and no time to complete.
    Me too but the high commander has been on a rampage - I had a car given to me but I didn't pick it up yet cause I like eating especially when the high commander is cooking lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    if it was me I would just sit back and watch the ship sink or sail and maybe have a little chuckle.
    I second this!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Any advice on how to fix a toxic work environment? The Production Manager has been picking on one of the test technicians and watching his every move but she is out blasting with all her guns and taking everyone out at the same time. She is being loud and rude all at once. There has been many instances of her outburst with every single person here at the company. There is only 35 of us here. I have noticed that she sits in her office for hours on end chit chatting with her Production supervisor on a daily basis and gets away with it and then she suddenly gets out of seat and goes out and does her rampage and then back to her office. I feel that is not right. I do plan on speaking to the President of the company who is also the HR Manager and my boss as well. The only issue I have with him is that he is a weak person. What are your thoughts?
    Unifor