Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    ^^I don't get it - why would they yell at you? Is that like going to the Brick and yelling at them because Leon's sold them the same product at an inflated price?

I assume you're under the same brand/header as the other dealer?
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 05-16-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Spent 30 min being yelled at by a customer because another dealer sold them a cheap washer at an inflated price

People suck
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    ^^I don't get it - why would they yell at you? Is that like going to the Brick and yelling at them that Leon's sold them the same product at an inflated price?

I assume you're under the same brand/header and the other dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

I miss my car...
    And nice weather

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    I miss my car...
    And nice weather

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    What’s going on ? You getting the transmission put in too ?

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    ^^I don't get it - why would they yell at you? Is that like going to the Brick and yelling at them because Leon's sold them the same product at an inflated price?

I assume you're under the same brand/header as the other dealer?
    Called out for a complaint of the washer being noisy. Customer was informed as per warranty guidelines that warranty only covers malfunctions in parts or workmanship. It doesn't cover customer education or installation issues.

I go out and it’s just normal operation noise. She says my old washer didn’t make that noise. I said depends on your old washer. Buy a good washer 1000 plus. They aren’t bad noise wise. But by and entry level washer and threw are noisy because they are just a cheap washer. She asked how much I said we can sell these models for 400-500 depending on sales but I don’t sell them to my customers because they are too noisy. She got mad because “she paid a lot more than that from them”

Sorry I’m an independent contractor have no affiliation with the dealer you dealt with I was just asked to come out and assess the noise complaint.

Then I tried to give her a bill for my time.

And she called in her husband and they lost their gourds on me

People suck

And I sell the same brand but the other dealer was a “builder” that’s why the price was inflated

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Called out for a complaint of the washer being noisy. Customer was informed as per warranty guidelines that warranty only covers malfunctions in parts or workmanship. It doesn't cover customer education or installation issues.

I go out and it’s just normal operation noise. She says my old washer didn’t make that noise. I said depends on your old washer. Buy a good washer 1000 plus. They aren’t bad noise wise. But by and entry level washer and threw are noisy because they are just a cheap washer. She asked how much I said we can sell these models for 400-500 depending on sales but I don’t sell them to my customers because they are too noisy. She got mad because “she paid a lot more than that from them”

Sorry I’m an independent contractor have no affiliation with the dealer you dealt with I was just asked to come out and assess the noise complaint.

Then I tried to give her a bill for my time.

And she called in her husband and they lost their gourds on me

People suck

And I sell the same brand but the other dealer was a “builder” that’s why the price was inflated
    So by luck of the draw they looked and called for a service person and you happen to be that guy?
    What area is this lol? What kind of customers you get ???

I would only have one response to them

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    So by luck of the draw they looked and called for a service person and you happen to be that guy?

Happens all the time. Someone goes on google and determines they are now the expert, specs out a roof that makes ZERO fucking sense for the application. Finds a cheap ass flyby night outfit or guy to install it (usually incorrectly) and when it fails I get told I'm an idiot or out to lunch because somehow that's my fault, or that we'd actually like to be paid to repair someone else's terrible work or suggest a system that actually makes sense.

Or they call us to come inspect a roof and "give price to fix" that's too far gone to repair (some cases I've felt unsafe on the building) and when I say I can't do the "$100 repair" they want get told we have bad business practices, are rip off artists, called all the names, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post

I was dispatched by the manufacturer to inspect. Customer was informed before I went that if there was a fault it would be under warranty and no charge to them. However if there was no fault they would be responsible for the call.

Happens all the time people shop at big box who sublets delivery’s to people who just drop it and leave. We get called out because of a problem only to find it just wasn’t installed correctly. Warranty doesn't pay for that (some do not all )

Sucks because my customers (if they pay for deliver) get full set up and education on running the appliance. Because that’s what I believe customer service is Then I get yelled at because I won’t clean up the poor customer service of someone who doesn't give a flip if the customer ever comes back, for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Happens all the time. Someone goes on google and determines they are now the expert, specs out a roof that makes ZERO fucking sense for the application. Finds a cheap ass flyby night outfit or guy to install it (usually incorrectly) and when it fails I get told I'm an idiot or out to lunch because somehow that's my fault, or that we'd actually like to be paid to repair someone else's terrible work or suggest a system that actually makes sense.

Or they call us to come inspect a roof and "give price to fix" that's too far gone to repair (some cases I've felt unsafe on the building) and when I say I can't do the "$100 repair" they want get told we have bad business practices, are rip off artists, called all the names, etc.
    I don’t get people and add to that the mentality to just scream till you get what you want or blackmail with bad reviews till the company gives in.

Problem is when your standing there asking to be paid after fixing someone else’s problem. More often than not. Your the one getting the bad review not them.

Club Supporter
    Sounds like if this is a common issue (non-payment for unwarranted service calls), the manufacturer or service company should pre-auth with a credit card over the phone before going onsite (like a hotel reservation), then if it is a no-fault you can just complete the pre-auth and charge the credit card for the service call (without asking for anything additional while onsite so you don't have people threatening you when you ask for payment). If it is valid warranty work that you'll get paid for by manufacturer then credit card pre-auth will just expire if not used. Just make sure the T&C's for the service call pre-auth is given to the customer (or included in the fine print on the service call form).

Obviously, you shouldn't have to work for free.