Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Stock hemi from a truck / car with auto would be a sweet power plant.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Stock hemi from a truck / car with auto would be a sweet power plant.
    Would be. Hoping not to have to deal with electronics.

Worth it from a drive ability and resale stand point. More and more peeps are wanting the look of an old car but with modern everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    Attachment 16879

This is my little whippet jumping her Mustang in her first day of competition today. She maybe weighs in at 90 pounds but behind these green eye's and small frame is a fierce competitor. In her first year of competition last year she silenced all the neigh sayers by working hard and becoming the champion. Today she moved up two divisions and placed 2nd - that's not going to sit well and I'm sure next event she will be gunning for number 1 - I'm a proud daddy!
    Do you have your own horse? My niece does and found that riding the same horse increased her competitiveness.

Only problem horses are not cheap....think your car can suck up cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Do you have your own horse? My niece does and found that riding the same horse increased her competitiveness.

Only problem horses are not cheap....think your car can suck up cash?
    Yes we have her horse but she's ready for a bigger horse. Was jumping 3'6 the other day on a bigger horse and she has the balls to go higher. The pony she has now is not capable of much more height. Her confidence level since she started riding is off the charts - had a few falls and just shook them off. Her first coach was not very good and holding her back. Her new coach has been excellent. I don't find it much more expensive then other sports but having a horse is like a car payment. He pony is pretty healthy and she was a rescue horse when we purchased her and wasn't too expensive and recovered very well. She is going into grade nine after this school year and when she begins to work she will eventually take over the responsibility. I think this is her calling and will likely continue to work with horses in one form or another as she grows and maybe for life.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

so verdict it stuck valves.

tried the atf and fast crank trick and that got the intake valves moving but the exhaust ones wouldn't budge so pullet the head/ valve cover off and pored some atf directly around the stuck open valves will let it soak and see what happens

Hey Hammer is the horse kept on your property?
    I wish my Mrs was on board saw a nice place in need of tlc I posted pics on IG ,horse farms all around it so nice . I guess she didn’t have the same vision I had

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    so verdict it stuck valves.

tried the atf and fast crank trick and that got the intake valves moving but the exhaust ones wouldn't budge so pullet the head/ valve cover off and pored some atf directly around the stuck open valves will let it soak and see what happens
    Flat head n stuck valves go hand in hand, most times will free up however good idea to lap em while heads off.

valves are in the block

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    Hey Hammer is the horse kept on your property?
    I wish my Mrs was on board saw a nice place in need of tlc I posted pics on IG ,horse farms all around it so nice . I guess she didn’t have the same vision I had
    I saw those pics looks like a nice area - our house is nice but needs lots of work too the high commander is on my case hahahaha - our neighbour has a horse farm and we keep the horse there just walking distance.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works