Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Okay stupid question.

Can I get away with reusing a copper head gasket? For the flat head
    I’ve reused Copper exhaust manifold gaskets in the past with no issues

But never delt with a copper head gasket

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    When I’m faced with a decision like this I always weigh the consequence of failure versus the cost savings. Pulling a head twice seems like a costly waste of time to me.

Just my opinion, I’m sure lots of folks have successfully rolled the dice.
    I’d normally think the same. But still in the can I get it to run stage.

And it’s a flat head so pulling the head literally took all of 15 min.

Wish new stuff was still that easy lol
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 05-21-2019 at 01:57 PM.

stangstevers
    how the hell did my finger nails get so long?

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Last night minding my business driving like Ms Daisy always someone messing with slow turd. Hitting 2nd limiter and allowing them to take the hit I’ve got my handy chart,

Mr G37s help me figure out what length slo turd gapped you

Slo turd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Told ya it's fast.
    But again where and how are you getting all these people trying to street race you.
    I drove both cars this weekend and outside of some complements from a kid in a cobalt SS I had zero I interaction with other drivers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Shopping for pieces to my engine puzzle is fun but stressfull
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Told ya it's fast.
    But again where and how are you getting all these people trying to street race you.
    I drove both cars this weekend and outside of some complements from a kid in a cobalt SS I had zero I interaction with other drivers.

I have to bitch slap 2 ltrs all the time had some worth while challenges but too much traffic the funny thing is I get old guys like me in Buicks try to challenge this old guy in a GT hahahaha even old guys in rendezvous.. Lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Shopping for pieces to my engine puzzle is fun but stressfull
    I know how you feel I'm juggling some many things right now and trying to organize parts and my son I feel like my head will burst some days
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Told ya it's fast.

This one was at Dundas ( Walmart/petro can) going west and that road is the police state.
    Fast??
    G37s is what 335 hp crank??
    That my friend is a race that should be a win.

They don’t race you cause they know you are fast lol
    I think it’s the TMC sticker
    I’m wanna get license plate “ sloturd “

Maybe then I can drive miss daisy in peace without anyone passing or revving their engines, bullying slo turd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

WTF
    just got back from the final step in the dental implant process....and the whole process seems to have more in common with the car hobby than the medical field

the implant in your jaw is essentially a hollowed out titanium tapcom screw that is carefully screwed into your jaw....after they yank all the roots etc....and then use about 5 different drill bits gradually increasing in size to make the hole...then the implant is literally drilled in with a tiny pneumatic socket

the hollowed out inside of the titanium implant is also threaded to accept a smaller screw

they do some moulds of your teeth and send out to the lab....and a week later your new part shows up

your new part is a titanium adapter design to sit on top of the implant....with a ceramic cap that sure as hell looks like a nice new tooth....and there's a pilot hole left down the middle of this tooth

they set the tooth on top of the implant....drop the set screw down the hole....grab this tiny little socket wrench....and wrench the tooth on to your jaw......pretty sure there was some dental-grade loctite that went in there too

then they take a quick xray...and with everything looking good....they literally torque the new tooth down to spec

and then they fill the hole

anything ever happens to the tooth....drill out the hole, unscrew the tooth...fix it and screw it back in etc

I'm $4k lighter.....but I'll have the porterhouse from Brunos and enjoy every bite