Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Will do! Thanks.

UFC card looks pretty good tonight .

Tried out a new campground along the saugeen river between Hanover and Walkerton beautiful spot mix of seasonal and temp sites. Decent privacy and owned by a young couple who just purchased it last year. I have done ALOT of camping own a truck and 27ft trailer and some years use it almost every weekend during the summer. It’s pretty common that most places have a “local wood only” rule for fire wood (from the ash borer issue) so we typically stop when close and grab wood from a close by road side stand (lots of times it’s kids chopping and selling for cash and stuff) this time there is a saw mill not ten min away so I stop and grab a bunch of the cut offs. More than I will need for 3 nights but it was $20 and I typically leave the left overs for the next person (or the neighbor site to steal as soon as we drive away) it wasn’t until we were in the site and set up and unloaded that I noticed a sign that said “NO OUTSIDE WOOD ALLOWED IN THE PARK PLEASE PURCHASE WOOD FROM THE OFFICE” something along those lines. I think. Oh damn already got wood but don’t mind supporting a young couple just starting out in a new business venture. So I drove up to the office and buy 2 bundles for $7 each plus tax. For the same slab wood I got at the other place that they bundled up. Maybe 5 pieces of wood per bundle. Far more money for wood than I have ever paid at any camp ground. Including the provincial ones. But what ever.

Fast forward to tonight our last night here and the owner stops by to change a garbage and sees the wood. Asks where I got it. I said we brought it in with us. He replied I’m gonna have to take it away we don’t allow outside wood in the park. I responded very politely. Sorry I didn’t know that coming here.
    Then he goes off lecturing us about making up our own rules.

Changes the garbage bag throws it in the back of his gator then goes back to lecturing us again about ruining his lively hood with invasive insects . I said look man. My wife booked the site I didn’t know you had a rule about wood. This stuff is local wood from ten min down the road, sorry But we know for next time (as my wife and I as already talked about coming back and bringing her parents because they love canoeing and it’s a perfect place to base camp for canoeing the saugeen river) He responds by basically calling me a liar Dropped a curse in front of my kids and said “it’s fine cuz there damn well won’t be a next time” and then storms off.

So I guess I need to find another place to camp next time we want to come to this area.

No humidity so far today.....I’m tired

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    does anyone cry over spilled soy milk?
    If that’s all you got and your bowl is full of cereal...maybe yes , do they still sell real milk ?

^^try almond lol

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    ....but I've got my doubts on how healthy it is from the hormones and other chemicals pumped into the cattle.
    You have your doubts? Or you have facts?
    Because it’s illegal to use BST or rBGH in Canada. And any milk products with traces of antibiotics will be rejected.
    -Don____________

stangstevers
    You can milk anything with nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    You have your doubts? Or you have facts?
    Because it’s illegal to use BST or rBGH in Canada. And any milk products with traces of antibiotics will be rejected.
    This is 100% correct. Milk in the states is free reign for that stuff though, so we end up seeing a lot of news about it resulting in people who don't do two seconds of research thinking it is true of Canadian dairy too.

https://bcdairy.ca/milk/articles/doe...nd-antibiotics

I haven't been to Killbear in years and years

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk