Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    LOL - I'm sure if they could just see your optimistic side......
    I was told by a business owner once that the bottom management position I possessed was as far as I was going to go without a university degree - next day I quit and went out alone same as he did when he gloats about how he started his company - I guess if I had a degree I'd be a better gloater (new word I think - look it up) lol - I need that fire power in my pencil lead again.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I was told by a business owner once that the bottom management position I possessed was as far as I was going to go without a university degree - next day I quit and went out alone same as he did when he gloats about how he started his company - I guess if I had a degree I'd be a better gloater (new word I think - look it up) lol - I need that fire power in my pencil lead again.
    I've worked with many people, ran large teams. Ranges in cultures, education, age, etc... I really don't give a rats ass about education for most roles under my purview. I'd hire a highschool dropout that studies every night to stay current with technology for a dev. I've had some very educated employees that I had to fire and makes me wonder how they passed their courses?

I thought, why would I get a university degree in computer science? Shit changes fast, education isn't going to make someone more valuable to a business.

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I've worked with many people, ran large teams. Ranges in cultures, education, age, etc... I really don't give a rats ass about education for most roles under my purview. I'd hire a highschool dropout that studies every night to stay current with technology for a dev. I've had some very educated employees that I had to fire and makes me wonder how they passed their courses?

I thought, why would I get a university degree in computer science? Shit changes fast, education isn't going to make someone more valuable to a business.
    My oldest daughter went to university and finished highest in her class -/study English - she was always a smart kid have no idea where it came from - I use to think the same way about school and understand fully where your coming from when you have an educate person who does t perform (/)this is common in everything's ng) - watching university developed her mind and how she thinks/and processes with an open mind, really impressed me and I personally have learned a few things from her. This obviously won't be the same for everyone. She is very successful now and I can see how her street smarts ,degree , and her built in drive shaped her into the person she is today. I have six kids the remaining five will likely never go to university I think its important as a parent to evaluate and understand that an to help them maybe see a more suited direction - it's only my gamer that I'm worried about!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post

although I do agree with some of this...I think you're missing the point regarding a college/university degree, as it's not "all" about learning the relevant content, it's a road map to help you get to a planned or maybe unplanned destination, with many routes to get there, some people get lost...some people follow a planned route to a T. some create their own path with the tools they've been shown/developed along the way, it's about learning how to obtain the knowledge you need to succeed in a pursued field or any field for that matter...continuing education is just a given in any field as things are always changing. That's why some places will still hire an individual with a diploma or degree in a totally different field...but it still shows they are willing to learn and follow through. This of course depends on the individual, sometimes it works out and sometimes not. But this can be said about anyone, regardless of education

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    although I do agree with some of this...I think you're missing the point regarding a college/university degree, as it's not "all" about learning the relevant content, it's a road map to help you get to a planned or maybe unplanned destination, with many routes to get there, some people get lost...some people follow a planned route to a T. some create their own path with the tools they've been shown/developed along the way, it's about learning how to obtain the knowledge you need to succeed in a pursued field or any field for that matter...continuing education is just a given in any field as things are always changing. That's why some places will still hire an individual with a diploma or degree in a totally different field...but it still shows they are willing to learn and follow through. This of course depends on the individual, sometimes it works out and sometimes not. But this can be said about anyone, regardless of education
    Nicely said!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    ....you're missing the point regarding a college/university degree,..
    -Don____________

Lol that kinda looks like me hahahaha back when I had bon jovi hair hahaha - worst day of my life was the beer strike when I went to humber and I was forced to drink colt 45 lol happiest day when.the strike was over
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Club Supporter
    Those are the future HR people.

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Damn, I come in here and read these comments and I’m glad I don’t work in a office. Although your jobs are physically easier.. I couldn’t deal with the bs I read on here. Eh, I’d probably get fired in my first few days after telling someone to fuck off.

Gotta love construction.. oh you have something against that dude? Tell him to go fuck himself, light a smoke (I quit) and get to work.
    '88 LX

LOL...well yes, that too!!