Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    probably true, but it doesn't look like anyone is learning from each others mistakes.
    Well, the boomers, Gen x who were drivers of the past problems are back it again and are bigger cohorts combined than Millennials right now. The reports I'm seeing right now that millennials are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be as the visible behavioural/spending practices hide some key underlying differences - less consumer debt (spending of crappy shit; less borrowing for cars) while their debt is weighted more to higher education (ie. student loans), similar or higher savings rate than previous generations (although they're behind on absolute balances because of higher tuition/student debt), and now they're a key driver in real estate in major markets as they're buying urban/suburban real estate like their parents did before.

I've had a lot of them work for me in the past few years and the only puzzling thing I've run into is that they didn't really want overtime and chose to keep after-hours/weekends as personal time (whereas I think my Gen X peers took extra hours or whatever we could get early in our careers but then I think we went out and bought "stuff" with the earnings that Millennials are not buying at the same rate). This is obviously based generalized observations.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoZ View Post
    I’m of the opinion that the millennial generation is the luckiest generation. Look around at all those baby boomers, me for example, owning a home (Toronto prices) , cash in bank, cars, bikes, that will all go to them, my kids one day.

I was never left or given anything, boo-hoo,woah is me.
    I don't know about that - yes there will be a large wealth transfer to Gen X and Millennials but a lot of boomers are relying on home equity versus savings for retirement, and carrying consumer/mortgage/car debt into retirement.....plus living longer so will need the money to avoid living on cat food. I don't think the "net wealth" numbers are as high as "visible lifestyles" would indicate unless there are a ton more "millionaire next door" types than we think.

I like cat food!! Lol. JK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DinoZ
    Cat food? Maybe with some fried onions, liver and a nice bottle of Chianti

Seriously, the food we get for our cats.... I could make a chicken salad sandwich out of it and it wouldn’t be half bad.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by DinoZ View Post
    Cat food? Maybe with some fried onions, liver and a nice bottle of Chianti
    That goes better with lamb...lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Seriously, the food we get for our cats.... I could make a chicken salad sandwich out of it and it wouldn’t be half bad.
    Pretty sure my great grandfather ate dog food - lived alone almost as long as I can remember with his dog Mickey - I'm sure was named after the bottle - lived out in the boonies like a true secluce and always had home made Saki bubbling in his room In old clay crocks (not the shoes). Never any food in the house except dog food and spam, sugar, rice, raisins, and red rose tea - Mickey would fetch the can from the pantry on his own when it was time to eat...true story of old Canadiana no plumbing - out house (two seater)
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Ouch. I read the whole thread to make sure what I read was right. Sucks that they didn’t catch it the first time. Glad she was persistent in getting it rechecked. Glad to hear she is on the mend. LOL at the butter cakes comment though.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    So 2 weeks ago, my daughter asked me to take her to emergency. 5 hrs and X-rays later they said it’s nothing but just Incase booked a follow up.

Well apparently she broke her elbow in two places. I feel guilty lol- I dismissed it- often thinking toughen up butter cakes.( she fell doing some yoga moves on a mat on top of carpet)
    Guess I have a “ miss glass” in the family

That is everone’s goto for healing. Just like WD40 or duct tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    That’s MY Mom , Vick’s rub is the magic medicine

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    Pretty sure my great grandfather ate dog food - lived alone almost as long as I can remember with his dog Mickey - I'm sure was named after the bottle - lived out in the boonies like a true secluce and always had home made Saki bubbling in his room In old clay crocks (not the shoes). Never any food in the house except dog food and spam, sugar, rice, raisins, and red rose tea - Mickey would fetch the can from the pantry on his own when it was time to eat...true story of old Canadiana no plumbing - out house (two seater)
    Was over at my sister's dog sitting with my best friend. Her dog was very persistent asking for human food...I mean really persistent. Best friend grabbed a piece of dog food and chewed it (from the bag itself). Looked at me and said " No wonder the dog wants human food, this stuff tastes like ass."

Smells like crap too. Sadly dog had to be put down couple years back due to cancer. Cute golden retriever and very loving. Such is life.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk