Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

stangstevers
    You guys would hate agile team concepts lol Although in such organizations, weak team members are stupid easy to expose. I'm not micro-managing but I know exactly who's pulling their weight or who isn't. What sucks for me as a manager is the company I work for doesn't really have competitive benefits or salaries to keep or hire the best ones.

So can’t have all original antique cars anymore?
    Trying to find someone to do a certification on the 35 Plymouth I keep being told can’t be certified without seatbelts, turn signals and door mirrors.

Had a guy that said he would do it cuz “if it never had that stuff it would be fine without it” I dropped the car off last week and he just called today and said, no changed his mind won’t do it without that stuff. It was to unsafe to drive without turn signals and seatbelts.

Pissed off now becasie he waisted a week with the car only to tell me no. And now there is no way it’s gonna be done In Time for the bean fest.

Do you need a safety certificate to license a historic vehicle? I'd try talking to the MTO (I know, that sounds ridiculous and painful), but I'm sure you're not the first that has asked them how to plate a 90 y/o car
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ... I'd try talking to the MTO (I know, that sounds ridiculous and painful), but I'm sure you're not the first that has asked...
    This. I sent them an email when I had a question about the end of the Drive Clean and they got back to me in a few days.

Club Supporter
    Yes, contact MTO as others have said. I thought if a car didn't have seatbelts you have to retrofit with at least lap belts?

In the interest of your own safety, all of the above is not a bad idea.
    Universal turn signal switch is not difficult to mount / wire in.
    IMHO, seat belts of some sort are an absolute must have, again, not difficult to source or install.
    Maybe ask the guy if he's ok with everything else and you'll bring back with belts n signals.

oh for sure that is the plan but was hopping to have it certified right away so I can hit some car shows and work on getting signals and seatbelts over the winter.

so I called the local MTO office. 5 min hold, "sorry we cant answer that question you have to call this number" so I call the number she gave me. sit on hold for 18 min, then the phone goes click and disconnects, call back busy signal. get busy signals for about the next 15 min trying to call back. finally get threw again spend about 20 min on hold get connected to someone, ask my questions. sorry sir we don't handle that you need to call this number. grrrrrr. call the number she gives me. 28 min later finally connect to someone. ask my question. "oh, um that's a question Bob normally handles and he leaves at 4:30. *look at clock* its 4:38. "yes sorry. you can try again tomorrow. maybe call earlier...………

"I have been trying to get ahold of you since like 3:00"

"oh.. um.. how about i take your number and have Bob call you in the morning"

Did my M2 course over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. Managed not to embarrass myself which was my biggest concern. Now to decide what to buy...

Club Supporter
    Here we go again.....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/capit...232944850.html

Capital One: information of over 100 million individuals in U.S., Canada hacked

stangstevers
    Yup, welcome to the new world. We all have a gun pointed at our heads... but the gun is some script and the robber is a skinny pimple faced kid with smarts.