Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by IanGTCS View Post
    Did my M2 course over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. Managed not to embarrass myself which was my biggest concern. Now to decide what to buy...
    Buy a mustang lol I did the course at Humber last year and like you said it was fun. But since I did the course I’ve had 3 friends die. No protection on the damn things. But if you must i vote CBR 600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    So can’t have all original antique cars anymore?
    Trying to find someone to do a certification on the 35 Plymouth I keep being told can’t be certified without seatbelts, turn signals and door mirrors.

Had a guy that said he would do it cuz “if it never had that stuff it would be fine without it” I dropped the car off last week and he just called today and said, no changed his mind won’t do it without that stuff. It was to unsafe to drive without turn signals and seatbelts.

Pissed off now becasie he waisted a week with the car only to tell me no. And now there is no way it’s gonna be done In Time for the bean fest.
    I believe the car can be safetied as it was with all the original setup - same goes for motorcycles. Safety standards have become stricter in Ontario of recent and liability and responsibility is high for licensed shops. That being said its really up to the mechanic and maybe he's not comfortable - if its not a concourse car I would think it would be in your best interest to make it as safe as possible to drive in...you worked really hard on it and I can understand your excitement to drive it. Hope it all works out well for you.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    oh for sure that is the plan but was hopping to have it certified right away so I can hit some car shows and work on getting signals and seatbelts over the winter.

so I called the local MTO office. 5 min hold, "sorry we cant answer that question you have to call this number" so I call the number she gave me. sit on hold for 18 min, then the phone goes click and disconnects, call back busy signal. get busy signals for about the next 15 min trying to call back. finally get threw again spend about 20 min on hold get connected to someone, ask my questions. sorry sir we don't handle that you need to call this number. grrrrrr. call the number she gives me. 28 min later finally connect to someone. ask my question. "oh, um that's a question Bob normally handles and he leaves at 4:30. *look at clock* its 4:38. "yes sorry. you can try again tomorrow. maybe call earlier...………

"I have been trying to get ahold of you since like 3:00"

"oh.. um.. how about i take your number and have Bob call you in the morning"
    My experience working with the MTO officers on the laws - they never answer the question - the laws are written with grey areas in the end they always have in the past directed people to get a copy of the book from the MTO outlining the safety act and standards. I think too they don't want the responsibility of saying the wrong thing....best to look up and understand the standards. I am licensed to safety tractor trailers so I'm no too much help in regards to cars, but l belief as long as its OEM and it meets all the safety standards It should pass. Maybe just a matter of finding the right mechanic.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

DinoZ
    Quote Originally Posted by IanGTCS View Post
    Did my M2 course over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. Managed not to embarrass myself which was my biggest concern. Now to decide what to buy...
    A few factors to consider, really only one.

Start small and insurance is not your friend.

Not sure of your age or the type of bike that stirs you but a very good bike to learn, plenty of power and somewhat insurance friendly is an SV650.

Close to 40, 6'4" and not thin. Did a couple of quick quotes and insurance seems to be in the 800/year range for under 500cc. Classic style bikes or dual sports interest me the most, no interest in pure sport bikes or cruisers. Of the bikes in the course I liked the handling of the CBRs the best but man, just too small for my height. And updated UJM bike would probably be right in my wheelhouse.

Also in no rush to buy. Might wait until later in the fall and look for deals from people who don't want to store their bikes.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Yup, welcome to the new world. We all have a gun pointed at our heads... but the gun is some script and the robber is a skinny pimple faced kid with smarts.
    Yup, and the Russians/Ukrainians/North Koreans/Chinese to monetize the hacks. One person arrested so far - appears to have been a compromise through AWS which raises other questions/concerns.

F*CK UPS
    My recliner was delivered today, 120+ lb big ass box.
    No one was home, I tried to talk to hi. Through the ring doorbell.
    Not sure how he got it out of the truck but it was left on the driveway (surrounded by puddles in 80% humidity)
    I left work drove home stuck it in the garage and came back (Mississauga to Burlington)
    Im surprised an item like that would be left but come on put it on the damn covered porch

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Who was the delivery company ?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Who was the delivery company ?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    UPS?? I think

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    UPS?? I think

Are you stalking him?????