Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    are you typing this cause today is August 6th? or unrelated?
    Maybe Russia warning Trump about developing new nukes? While NK is firing off even more missiles (2nd firing in a couple weeks).

Up in Bon Echo camping for the week.

Our dog was not doing well last week. Wouldn’t eat and just laid in the back yard all day.

Friday he seems to come around and was up playing started to eat a bit but not his normal glutten

Got a msg from my day around 5 that they went over to feed him and he wouldn’t get up. They talked to the vet who offered to open up late and have a look. My parents went back out at 6 and he had passed.

12 years old. My wife and I got him right after we got married. It’s killing me right now that we were not there and he had to pass alone.

Now, tell the kids and ruin their week or wait till we get back.....

DinoZ
    Oh man really so sorry for your loss. It was the hardest thing I went through when I lost mine after 18 years. If they were not so loyal and always by your side, one might feel sad but not heart wrenching.

Telling the kids might be best left when you get back although you both know your kids better than us.

Again, my sympathies for your loss.

Mustang Occasionally
    So, so sorry, man. It's a tough time.

Sorry for your loss.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post

Our dog was not doing well last week. Wouldn’t eat and just laid in the back yard all day.

Friday he seems to come around and was up playing started to eat a bit but not his normal glutten

Got a msg from my day around 5 that they went over to feed him and he wouldn’t get up. They talked to the vet who offered to open up late and have a look. My parents went back out at 6 and he had passed.

12 years old. My wife and I got him right after we got married. It’s killing me right now that we were not there and he had to pass alone.

Thoughts and prayers are with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post

First off, my sincere condolences man. Been through this and I know it's one of the most awful feelings in the world.

Secondly don't beat up on yourself up about not being there. I lost both my dogs in a two day span. First one I wasn't around and rushed home after it happened. Wasn't my intention but ended up I was there to say goodbye to my other dog as she passed that evening. It doesn't make the pain hurt any less getting to say goodbye in my opinion, I miss them both every day. It been over a year now and I'm tearing up thinking about it. Focus on the good memories and know that they had a good life.

Definitely take your time to figure out how you want to break it to you kids. Honestly not a parent so can't even imagine how I'd do that. Hope you can stay strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Aw man, sorry to hear about that. Dogs are the best. Nothing but unconditional love.
    -Don____________

Sorry for your loss.

Club Supporter
    So sorry for your loss. You got some extra time with him (he wasn't doing well a little while back IIRC but recovered somewhat I think) so that was a positive. I know he had a good life with your family.

It's hard not being there though - our last dog passed away in vet emerg while I was asleep in the car/parking lot outside. She was in an oxygenated cage due to breathing problems (they wouldn't let me stay in the room with her) and they called me in after she had a heart attack around 4:30am and they said she had just succumbed to it - I hope she knew I was there but it still pains me today that I wasn't with her when she had the heart attack.