Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Man... I'm getting cold feet. Replacing the GT and G37 with a new Ford Ranger. There's nothing really fancy about that, it's pure utilitarian like how a truck should be. The good thing for me is I won't be paranoid about it, I won't care about door dings and fender benders so the commute will be slightly more enjoyable. The Mustang is tough, I was scared to death of having to get it resprayed or something because the value would have dropped considerably if it needed new body panels. So it took a lot of energy to drive the thing and look out for cops lol

My new job has me driving each day and the GTA isn't getting any smarter behind the wheel lol (although I am working towards being able to telecommute again but that will take a year or two). I really miss my old lifted Ranger, problem with that truck was the age (2003), 5 speed manual and MPG I got out of it because I never changed the gear ratio after the big tires. But it was a blast to just not give a F about it and take it off-road once in a while. In fact no one really parks close to you if your truck is caked in mud lol It's funny to watch those that do and get their clothes dirty LOL

When I want to thrash into corners and do burnouts, I have my trusty notchback which now can out-handle the S550's with ease and once I get the gear installed and blower put-on, it will be able to keep up with them too.

The smart thing would be to sell the Mustang and keep the G37 for another 3 years (low miles on the thing). But I'm not equipped to deal with dreamers and tire kickers.
    Are you buying a new ranger ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

stangstevers
    yup... with FX4 package.

Man... I'm getting cold feet. Replacing the GT and G37 with a new Ford Ranger. There's nothing really fancy about that, it's pure utilitarian like how a truck should be. The good thing for me is I won't be paranoid about it, I won't care about door dings and fender benders so the commute will be slightly more enjoyable. The Mustang is tough, I was scared to death of having to get it resprayed or something because the value would have dropped considerably if it needed new body panels. So it took a lot of energy to drive the thing and look out for cops lol

My new job has me driving each day and the GTA isn't getting any smarter behind the wheel lol (although I am working towards being able to telecommute again but that will take a year or two). I really miss my old lifted Ranger, problem with that truck was the age (2003), 5 speed manual and MPG I got out of it because I never changed the gear ratio after the big tires. But it was a blast to just not give a F about it and take it off-road once in a while. In fact no one really parks close to you if your truck is caked in mud lol It's funny to watch those that do and get their clothes dirty LOL

When I want to thrash into corners and do burnouts, I have my trusty notchback which now can out-handle the S550's with ease and once I get the gear installed and blower put-on, it will be able to keep up with them too.

The smart thing would be to sell the Mustang and keep the G37 for another 3 years (low miles on the thing). But I'm not equipped to deal with dreamers and tire kickers.
    Other way sell the g37 and keep the mustang.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Sell all the vehicles and get this

https://www.controller.com/listings/...8a?CTRY=canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Other way sell the g37 and keep the mustang.

Drive a lowered perf pack GT in the snow LOL... meh...

Drive a lowered perf pack GT in the snow LOL... meh...
    Assuming youre selling the g37 and getting a ranger. The ranger will take on the snow. You still get to have fun with the gt when weather permits

stangstevers
    nah, I prefer classics for weekend fun type of car. Cheaper and better insurance and an excuse to tinker in the garage and drink beer lol Mustang is already out of my hands. If I get another S550 it will be a parts car for a Coyote swap into a fox lol

yup... with FX4 package.
    When I was buying my truck these rangers just came out. I ended up buying a Tacoma. I couldn’t justify spending 40k on a ranger when an f150 is 45k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

stangstevers
    LOL yeah that's the shortfall for them, so much $$$, so little truck. The F150 is certainly a better bargain since they handle better and whatnot. But having owned a newer F150 in the past, I just can't use it effectively. Parking garages are a bitch and it won't fit in my garage lol

The Ranger drives like a 90's truck. They are rough around the edges and all that. If you expect a luxury SUV out of it, I wouldn't recommend it. It's a lot more "Jeep" than Jeeps are today. lol

mid-size trucks fit in garages.

-Don____________