Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Super interesting. How did you calculate your tonnage of emissions produced?
    Lots of online calculators: Average MPG * Annual Miles. I really think the average fox guy is between 0.5 to 2

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    So it’s a charity that makes people feel good about not actually reducing their carbon foot print?
    Pretty much that. All this is is to allow the rich to pollute. It's just an offset, in theory I should scrap my fox or convert it to electric if I wanted to really reduce the CO2...

In other news, I would like to be part of the change but there aren't many arguments being made on that "side" to follow. It seems like their new leader is a 16 year old who can't think critically due to a mental illness (which is up for a Nobel prize now???).

Like today, block a bridge to protest climate change? Causing pollution as part of the protest seems legit stupid. I'd do more of a "let's all NOT drive to work today" kind of protest. Vision Zero traffic would be the ploy and if marketed right, should work at reducing traffic by at least 50% on that day!

But hey, I have a brain and probably average intelligence. What the F do I know?
    Last edited by stangstevers; 10-07-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added some rant

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    Lots of online calculators: Average MPG * Annual Miles. I really think the average fox guy is between 0.5 to 2

Pretty much that. All this is is to allow the rich to pollute. It's just an offset, in theory I should scrap my fox or convert it to electric if I wanted to really reduce the CO2...

In other news, I would like to be part of the change but there aren't many arguments being made on that "side" to follow. It seems like their new leader is a 16 year old who can't think critically due to a mental illness (which is up for a Nobel prize now???).

Like today, block a bridge to protest climate change? Causing pollution as part of the protest seems legit stupid. I'd do more of a "let's all NOT drive to work today" kind of protest. Vision Zero traffic would be the ploy and if marketed right, should work at reducing traffic by at least 50% on that day!

But hey, I have a brain and probably average intelligence. What the F do I know?
    I'll admit I haven't looked at the website but learned a little about outfits like Bullfrog a few years back - isn't the concept that the projects they fund with the purchased offsets contribute to a net reduction overall by improving technology elsewhere where they don't typically have the capital to do so themselves? Also, the folks buying offsets are likely to be on a curve to reduce their carbon output over time if they are actually cognizant of making the effort to purchase offsets (ie. nudge factor)....except for Trudeau and his planes as that's totally avoidable as his competitors have shown with their single planes (although that's getting in the weeds from a big picture concept as he probably doesn't represent the long term majority).

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Super interesting. How did you calculate your tonnage of emissions produced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    scrapping a vehicle has it's own carbon footprint (Again assuming CO2 is even a problem).

shredding, compacting, transporting, remelting and converting into useable metals. Converting those metals into a low emission vehicle and not to mention all of the unusable materials that go to landfill.

I'd challenge that keeping an older vehicle on the road isn't such a bad choice. It may emit more, but the emissions required to convert it to a lower emissions vehicle go a long way to cancelling gains.

Just because plastic water bottles are recyclable it doesn't make them enviro friendly.

Really the root cause is having a dependency on cars, we've built our modern civilization around the automobile. Besides aren't vehicles 15% of the overall "problem" of CO2? I believe this includes jets and other modes of transport. So really Joe-blow with his 2010 Civic is NOT part of the problem to be honest. But hey it's an easy way to tax the poor and middle class... oops did I say that out loud?

That's why the whole climate debate irks me, I have yet to read the 1400+ reports but they don't make it super easy to find.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/158286...oup_highlights

Very disturbing , poor kids today wtf

^^^Broken link
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Yesterday got a message from my new truck - "log in and sign up for updates" - if this is what I have to do to drive I will be stocking up on carburetors, buying 500 acres to grow corn, and taking this thing back to the dealer - I'm so efffing fed up with computers and government always being in my face - and what I don't burn in the tank I will drink while flipping the bird to all the huggers who want to save the world and want to drive an suv and want to buy water in plastic bottles but eat meat no cant eat meat cant burn fuel but I want a warm house - shut the fuckup and have a drink of my fresh batch of corn and then will take the fox for a rip.... haaaah hahaha feel better now!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

I think you only have to sign up the. From there I think it updates automatically when it needs it

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I think you only have to sign up the. From there I think it updates automatically when it needs it
    maybe - I'm not going to turn it on...lol - but it is quite possibly a glimpse into the very near future - I hate my phone - I hate my laptop - I hate computers - I don't want to hate my car...lol - it's not that I really hate these other things (its just a recent development) but I really don't like the direction everything is going with updates until it cant update no more - I will likely become a recluse like my great grandfather....hahaha instead of sake (Japanese alcohol made from rice) I'll make corn - instead of a 62 Chrysler a 79 fox hahaha - the Chrysler was cool tho

correction - I googled it - it was more like a '60 with the spare tire on the trunk lid and the wings...lol good thing we have computers...lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

sometimes if feel like Grizzly Adams had the right idea!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    sometimes if feel like Grizzly Adams had the right idea!!!!
    Have a great big bear for a roommate?