Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    The wind whipped waves were so high my breakwall area is destroyed again!

Time to save up to have concrete laid in the spring, I'm too old to continually push the gravel back every time we have a storm.
    A picture of the damage. The gravel is normally covering everything to the top of the break wall and the fire pit usually has the grey blocks piled all around.

16A602B4-FE88-49E0-8DF1-A6596A73E5B4.jpeg

Ya, concrete is just so much easier, had my patio done and driveway extended a few months back, wish I didn’t wait so long to do it!

What’s on my mind? Old Nissan Skylines, always wanted one, and the itch is harder to ignore lately. I’ll still likely never have one, but I can’t help but regret finding one in Ontario a few years back, from a member on GTAMC, that would have been perfect. I was asking for a friend, and wasn’t going to steal it out from under him, but he never moved on it, probably too late now, we’ll see I guess.

Foxstang
    So lessons learned #76,837.2

DO NOT GO TO A DEALERSHIP TO PUT WINTERS ON. Cost me roughly 350 bucks to swap tires on the single set of rims this weekend. OUCH! They charged me 2 hours of labor to do the work (but I was in the waiting room for 1.5 hours lol). I am so done with new cars and dealerships in general. It's a positive, I may actually stop buying new daily drivers every 6 months and I have permission to buy a new set of wheels for the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Believe it was 7 h/p dual stage, new.
    Had couple of problems before it blew a single flake of snow, all poor quality related.
    Keep in mind, comparing it to a blower thats got a ton of hours on it and previous to being mine had zero service.
    Mine is same as below.

I have an older Ariens compact 20. Has been an amazing machine. Has developed a small fuel leak when moving it around, doesn’t spill a drop when stored but sometimes find little splashes of fuel on the driveway when clearing snow.

Can’t figure out where it’s coming from. Need to have this looked at before the snow starts.
    FABMAN

^ Fuel shut off valve or carb flooding perhaps?

could be, will take a closer look next week once I am back.
    FABMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    So lessons learned #76,837.2

DO NOT GO TO A DEALERSHIP TO PUT WINTERS ON. Cost me roughly 350 bucks to swap tires on the single set of rims this weekend. OUCH! They charged me 2 hours of labor to do the work (but I was in the waiting room for 1.5 hours lol). I am so done with new cars and dealerships in general. It's a positive, I may actually stop buying new daily drivers every 6 months and I have permission to buy a new set of wheels for the truck.
    Pretty vague complaint, was there any specific reason they charged you so much?

Foxstang
    No reason. At the end of the day I paid 447 dollars for an oil change and tire swap (I brought my own tires).

Foxstang
    Got the snowblower running, just had to clean the carb and brushed the sparkplug, new gas and oil change... booted right up. Got everything pretty much ready for winter. Bring it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    No reason. At the end of the day I paid 447 dollars for an oil change and tire swap (I brought my own tires).
    They give you a tube of Vaseline with that? Yikes.