Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    I do my due diligence of where I use my CC, this has never happened to me before in 20+ years of using plastic. So, from my last purchases it was either Amazon, Marks or Paypal that the info got stolen from.

Fucking scammers!
    I haven't heard of a breach of any of these sites yet - more likely your data was stolen some time in the past year and was sold on the dark web sometime during that period and just used now. They might take some card numbers from a purchased list and do card testing (small dollar transactions in a card-not-present environment) before running the whole list on purchasing fenceable products.

Was your card fraudulently used on websites that don't ask for the CVV (3-digit code) in their shopping cart or did they get that too? Or were you just notified by the bank that your account was compromised (which means they found your name/card number from a compromised site/store or a dark web sell list)?

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    Who am I kidding?
    Might just slap on the snows
    Or store it elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you have rivets across your trunk and bumper???

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Why do you have rivets across your trunk and bumper???
    I'm going to guess reflections of the aforementioned Christmas lights...
    ~Scott B

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmare View Post
    I'm going to guess reflections of the aforementioned Christmas lights...
    yeah...just being a smartass

this is first time he's seen them like that, cause they are not loose and falling down!!

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    yeah...just being a smartass

this is first time he's seen them like that, cause they are not loose and falling down!!
    LOL
    I’ll be honest, you’re so right- after 20 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I haven't heard of a breach of any of these sites yet - more likely your data was stolen some time in the past year and was sold on the dark web sometime during that period and just used now. They might take some card numbers from a purchased list and do card testing (small dollar transactions in a card-not-present environment) before running the whole list on purchasing fenceable products.

Was your card fraudulently used on websites that don't ask for the CVV (3-digit code) in their shopping cart or did they get that too? Or were you just notified by the bank that your account was compromised (which means they found your name/card number from a compromised site/store or a dark web sell list)?

Possible the data was stolen some time in the past, I don't know if they got the CVV too. They did exactly as you said in regards to testing the card out first with small transactions. First purchase was for 1 cent, second $11.00 and then $2500, that's when my CC company froze the card and called me regarding the transactions. New card will be sent out hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    Possible the data was stolen some time in the past, I don't know if they got the CVV too. They did exactly as you said in regards to testing the card out first with small transactions. First purchase was for 1 cent, second $11.00 and then $2500, that's when my CC company froze the card and called me regarding the transactions. New card will be sent out hopefully soon.

what the hell can you even buy for 1 cent these days... that should have been a flag right there no?

Club Supporter
    what the hell can you even buy for 1 cent these days... that should have been a flag right there no?
    Donation on charity websites - they're light on fraud prevention tools. In the old days it used to be Bell payphones.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Donation on charity websites - they're light on fraud prevention tools. In the old days it used to be Bell payphones.
    okay...my next question, what kinda asshole only donates 1 cent? That should still be a flag IMO LOL, he's looking for the big tax break eh?

I hear ya though... I just think maybe ridiculously small amounts should be flagged as much as insane large amounts... dunno

okay...what kinda asshole only donates 1 cent?
    I’m gonna be that guy when I get old. I have a whole sack of pennies, LOL.
    -Don____________