Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,606

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Foxstang
    Why is my commute time increasing exponentially? If I were to do 9 to 5, I'd spend over 4 hours / day on the road? Thankfully, for now I do 7 to 3 when I can. Still that used to be 1.5 hours / day to 2 hours and 20 minutes which isn't terrible for the GTA. But it won't get better. I'm looking for a new job downtown so I can ride a bike (or take the bus) to the go train and leave my truck at home.

I hear riding a bike is the way to go cuz you can ignore all rules and etiquette. saves time

Foxstang
    Pretty much and you can blame pedestrians and drivers for everything too. Keep in mind gas will be over $2 a liter soon with trudeau/dipper duo in power to meet a 2030 fake solution to a fake climate problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    LOL! I'm more interested in stopping them. This is why I don't use my debit card - only credit card and use more than one so if one gets compromised then still have others to use while it gets replaced (which is usually pretty quick compared to debit).

Attended many presentations and demos by white hat hackers, FBI, US Secret Service, RCMP, etc, on dark web, credit card number lists, account takeovers, dark money, financial hacking, global money flows, etc. A lot of bad people out there sitting behind computers trying to fund global organized crime and terrorism.
    My mom used to work for one of the big banks, her strongest message was never to use the debit card. Me and my wife never use our debit cards, heck I don't even carry it with me. I would rather my CC get hit which is far easier to correct verse your bank account. I do have a back up CC with my bank, the CC that got compromised was my points card. Oh well...

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
    My mom used to work for one of the big banks, her strongest message was never to use the debit card. Me and my wife never use our debit cards, heck I don't even carry it with me. I would rather my CC get hit which is far easier to correct verse your bank account. I do have a back up CC with my bank, the CC that got compromised was my points card. Oh well...
    Yeah, if debit card gets hit then your bank account gets frozen by the bank until they sort it out - not good when you have pre-auth payments coming out. Easy to get credit card replaced. I have Aeroplan, Air Miles, and Amex Cobalt cards so can easily switch among them if there's a problem. Also keep two USD cards because until they got chip in the US, cards were regularly compromised at POS (mag stripe is easy to replicate).

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    that really surprises me ! especially from a stakeholder! I thought we'd be on the same page.
    As long as it can be paid back but I'm also about FI/FIRE as well.

Over the past few weeks and in the coming weeks I've been busy installing tracking devices for a customer - maybe two hundred in total - the irony in all this is during the past few months and over the coming years (hopefully two) I've been and will be eliminating the things in my life that require what I feel is excessive and unnecessary tracking. It's understandable the need for tracking but I feel the need for excessive communications and constant tracking is an expense I don't want to afford in the future and something we lived without in the past. Tracking in my opinion has become a clever development of generating income for nothing really in return (that I can understand in many cases) Tracking has always been there but it seems to be more complex further eating up free time and expense. My biggest fear aging, is will I be able to understand and adapt to tracking?
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

We’ve been “tracked” is some way or form since birth
    These guys may have the answer to your questions- if you can find them ( they are off the grid)
    If we’re talking about the same “tracking”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

it's mainly the cost and complexity of tracking expenses that concerns me when I'm old and stupider...lol - not worried about being tracked that's would be disappointing in the end....lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    it's mainly the cost and complexity of tracking expenses that concerns me when I'm old and stupider...lol - not worried about being tracked that's would be disappointing in the end....lol
    Ohhhhhh IC, I was a bit worried for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver