Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,541

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    ... Electric cars will not change the speeding problem and the way people drive or the hobby. I'm all for letting technology keep people safe on the roads they can't do it themselves .
    Have you ever seen or been to an electric go-kart track where the track can control the speed of the karts? Given the current technology in today’s and future autos, you can bet dollars to donuts that there are organizations already working on a way to automate and control your drive and sell it to governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Have you ever seen or been to an electric go-kart track where the track can control the speed of the karts? Given the current technology in today’s and future autos, you can bet dollars to donuts that there are organizations already working on a way to automate and control your drive and sell it to governments.
    not exclusive to electric...they can control the gas ones too...it's all in the computer, I don't know if they still use this method but F1 was using this for a while... under caution they would regulate the cars that way they all stayed spaced out exactly where they were when the caution was thrown and there was no bunching up on restarts, some loved it, some hated it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Ya you mentioned before when I asked but I’m still confused on all this. Keep in mind I do drywall not mechanics so I ask someone who might know. And I know you have cams and are boosted if I’m not mistaken so I asked again lol but thank you for your advice I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yessir. I have a Vortech V3 setup and Comp 262 cams. I went smaller with the cams when I was NA because I knew one day I'd want boost. Now hindsight being 20/20 I wish I had just gone with a full on boost specific cam from somewhere like Anderson or MHS. But also wish I did ALOT of things differently.

In actuality I think many people myself included run cams for the idle sound, performance being a close second. However the cost/time/everything it takes to put cams in 2V car properly isn't trivial. The novelty of having the lumpy idle is awesome don't get me wrong, but if I had to pull my stock heads, notch the pistons, reinstall and degree it all, and I didn't see huge power gains I'd probably get very annoyed long term. My setup is super basic, sure it doesn't sound like a pro-mod on idle, but to me the ROI was there. If numbers/track times aren't your end game and you just want the thing to sound straight up nasty it might be worth it to you to go whole hog on cam sound choice vs performance. I"m sure a stage 3 comp would still net you respectable gains over stock, not as much as a cam spec'd for your setup but an increase none the less.

I'm just inferring from your posts about Cobras and the like that while you love your Mustang, it may have lost it's shine. Speaking from personal experience a party trick like a lopey idle will restore the love temporarily but performance gains and seat of the pants excitement you feel will really make you want to hold on to a ride. For reference I'm far far far from a mechanic, just a guy who works in Roofing and has put way more money in a 2V GT than he'd like to admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    yes I can see more control in the future with technology but currently I don't think its there yet - it would be nice to see controls cause people just cant drive and insurance is really a stupid tax we could do without - the hobby will never die - I'm sure someone will develop some sort of stealth mode that will make camera radar blind to the vehicle it is subscribed too - just like the fuzz busters of yesterday - newtons law is always in effect...lol - I've never been on a go kart like that tho - I did roll a go kart once, that hurt, glad I had a helmet on...lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Yessir. I have a Vortech V3 setup and Comp 262 cams. I went smaller with the cams when I was NA because I knew one day I'd want boost. Now hindsight being 20/20 I wish I had just gone with a full on boost specific cam from somewhere like Anderson or MHS. But also wish I did ALOT of things differently.

In actuality I think many people myself included run cams for the idle sound, performance being a close second. However the cost/time/everything it takes to put cams in 2V car properly isn't trivial. The novelty of having the lumpy idle is awesome don't get me wrong, but if I had to pull my stock heads, notch the pistons, reinstall and degree it all, and I didn't see huge power gains I'd probably get very annoyed long term. My setup is super basic, sure it doesn't sound like a pro-mod on idle, but to me the ROI was there. If numbers/track times aren't your end game and you just want the thing to sound straight up nasty it might be worth it to you to go whole hog on cam sound choice vs performance. I"m sure a stage 3 comp would still net you respectable gains over stock, not as much as a cam spec'd for your setup but an increase none the less.

I'm just inferring from your posts about Cobras and the like that while you love your Mustang, it may have lost it's shine. Speaking from personal experience a party trick like a lopey idle will restore the love temporarily but performance gains and seat of the pants excitement you feel will really make you want to hold on to a ride. For reference I'm far far far from a mechanic, just a guy who works in Roofing and has put way more money in a 2V GT than he'd like to admit.
    My car hasn’t lost its shine at all. I love my year make and model above all which is why I bought it. I’m just a speed junkie lol. But I also bought my car the way it is. I’d like to put my own little notch in it. Other then boost intercooler gears and clutch I don’t know what else I can put. But essentially my end game is more power. I have 430 going to the crank but come spring my plan is to get it re-tuned and running properly. Then depending from there I’d like to add some badass cams to up the power ( sound to if possible) and try and achieve 400 to the wheels if possible.

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

I'm with Laffs on the cams... I'd put them in purely on sound even if it meant losing a few HP, and almost did too. Researched for a couple months straight, between myself and Rick but ultimately decided not too based on the fact that the car gets tracked hard and it's been dead nuts reliable and I didn't want to take the chance at compromising that. Plus the 4V is a bitch to time and some places won't even do it, which I kinda respect cause if you're unsure, I'd rather them be up front about it then find out later when it counts. For the issues it could cause and the amount of work for little gains (relative) it may be more hassel than it's worth...

that all being said...they sound so fucking sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    not exclusive to electric...they can control the gas ones too...it's all in the computer, I don't know if they still use this method but F1 was using this for a while... under caution they would regulate the cars that way they all stayed spaced out exactly where they were when the caution was thrown and there was no bunching up on restarts, some loved it, some hated it!
    OnStar 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    I'm with Laffs on the cams... I'd put them in purely on sound even if it meant losing a few HP, and almost did too. Researched for a couple months straight, between myself and Rick but ultimately decided not too based on the fact that the car gets tracked hard and it's been dead nuts reliable and I didn't want to take the chance at compromising that. Plus the 4V is a bitch to time and some places won't even do it, which I kinda respect cause if you're unsure, I'd rather them be up front about it then find out later when it counts. For the issues it could cause and the amount of work for little gains (relative) it may be more hassel than it's worth...

that all being said...they sound so fucking sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great now I’m more confused lol

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

I'd love to hear cams in my Cobra but I'm not willing to give up an ounce of it's stock like drive ability or reliability. Car makes good squeeze as it sits and given cams aren't worth a whole lot of gain, easier to keep money in my pocket.