Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

When luck comes a persons way it's a sign of a good omen. This has recently been the case for my little Whippet, AKA, Penelope Whitherspoon, but her given name is Hayley. Some may remember a proud daddy post of maybe a year ago of her recent horse jumping success. She has worked hard but after one year has out grown her pony that stands 13 hands and needs a new mount to move forward. She has completed her second year now on the same pony and has worked with many others on the farm. In two short years she has been very successful and has received attention from some of the industry's best. Over the past few weeks she has been working with a 3 year old thoroughbred who has just been retired from racing. She's big, black, and beautiful. We where asked not to share too much info or pics at this time, because she is a known horse from a respected blood line and has all the papers to prove it. I've been lucky to help her work the horse with her and have really enjoyed getting more involved with her and the horse.She has proven the be very gentle considering her spirit. I don't know much about the sport but when she rides, it's beautiful, and it stands out. She has big aspirations and like any sport rubbing shoulders with the finest comes at a cost. The owner of this horse has many options but has elected to give her to my daughter if they are a true fit and she promises to care for the horse over her life time. I'm so happy for her it's unexplainable. Today during her lesson and after a few weeks of working with her on the ground, she will finally after much anticipation climb on top and take her for a spin. I can see after being with her often for weeks now the anticipation, nerves, and a little fright ( the horse must be close to 8' tall or so with her head up.) My little Whippet is extremely driven though and I know she cant wait to take to the air on the back of this horse. Her first coach underestimated her tenacity and made a huge mistake in doing so. Hayley has a huge killer instinct in her little frame and focus's on knowing and taking down all her competition, including her old coach's students. I'm so proud of her!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    my rates have not changed for a few years now maybe this is new to your area - where you on one of those fixed plan...?
    Are you sure they have not changed?...

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Are you sure they have not changed?...

I knew they where going up but my bill really hasen't changed much - not 60% when I look at the bottom line - I will pay more attention to the next one - the High Commander must be doing less laundry cause the bottom line has actually been lower - not much anyone can do
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    my rates have not changed for a few years now maybe this is new to your area - where you on one of those fixed plan...?
    I haven't seen anything here yet either.

My bills have gone down lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I haven't seen anything here yet either.
    That's weird...I checked my last bill and it showed the increased rates. Would this only affect Northern Ontario?
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!

It very well be just northern Ont. I remember a ways back the talk on increase for northern rates.

Club Supporter
    Yes it could be a local utility.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Yes it could be a local utility.
    Not local, I get my bill from Hydro1.

edit: Check your statement fellas, just called Hydro1 and the rate increase is for the whole of Ontario.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!