Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,559

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    ^Yup, but the legal gun owners are committing very few gun-related crimes, in many cases they are stopping gun-related crimes.
    To quote a great Vulcan "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."

So what do they ban? Assault rifles?
    More deaths by hand gun. Stats say more deaths by knife so we ban those too?

When they come for your hobby cars in the name of climate change killing millions.

Will that be okay?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." The second amendment says nothing about gun control nor the type of arms people can keep.
    I believe there was a concerted effort/marketing campaign in the '70's to convince people to think it was a generalized statement applicable to all citizens but the actual language does not state that as you point out. The current positioning is a little fairytale-ish since most Americans don't belong to well regulated militias.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    To quote a great Vulcan "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."
    The needs of one/many wouldn't really matter if they live by the actual 2nd amendment versus a fictional one.

It's amazing to see on a map where and what states most of the guns are located, and compare that to the states where most of the Trump votes came from, in relation to where the richest states are with most of the money, and how few guns are located in the most productive a friendlier states, mainly the central states to north states. If I remember what I saw correctly the richest and most corrupt states had the highest number of guns and Trump supporters as well as Trump haters - the productive states in a sense (farming etc. working backbone) for lack of a better phrase, had the fewest guns, but I don't recall the political support and have no interest in revisiting or finding the info...The amount of Trump supporters with guns is kinda scarey if something should happen to Trump....I saw a stat not too long ago that most US citizens don't want guns but the amount of guns in America is staggering and they all belong to a relative small portion of the population. I personally don't understand the logic or need for everyone to have guns including governments. Having guns is a lot like horsepower - at the end of the day there's always someone faster and always somebody trying to get faster!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

This an interesting article. Long read but a lot of info with ability to drill down.

[QUOTE][Switzerland and Israel have much higher gun ownership rates than the United States but experience far fewer homicides and have much lower violent crime rates than many European nations with strict gun control laws./QUOTE]

[QUOTE][Canada is ranked 12th in the world for the number of civilian-owned guns per capita and reports one of the world’s lower homicide rates—but even then, some provinces have higher homicide rates than U.S. states with less restrictive laws and higher rates of gun ownership have./QUOTE]

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-j...olence-america

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    This an interesting article. Long read but a lot of info with ability to drill down.

[Switzerland and Israel have much higher gun ownership rates than the United States but experience far fewer homicides and have much lower violent crime rates than many European nations with strict gun control laws.
    [Canada is ranked 12th in the world for the number of civilian-owned guns per capita and reports one of the world’s lower homicide rates—but even then, some provinces have higher homicide rates than U.S. states with less restrictive laws and higher rates of gun ownership have.

Good info in there Kev, doesn’t really fit the liberal agenda though

Club Supporter
    [QUOTE=Mellow Yellow;324312]This an interesting article. Long read but a lot of info with ability to drill down.

[QUOTE][Switzerland and Israel have much higher gun ownership rates than the United States but experience far fewer homicides and have much lower violent crime rates than many European nations with strict gun control laws./QUOTE]

[Canada is ranked 12th in the world for the number of civilian-owned guns per capita and reports one of the world’s lower homicide rates—but even then, some provinces have higher homicide rates than U.S. states with less restrictive laws and higher rates of gun ownership have./QUOTE]

This "article" has circulated in various form for some time now - I wonder if mandatory military service/conscription (ie. mandatory draft) in both countries is part of the reason for the lower gun violence rates - seems like a well regulated militia.

As for the second point, I'm not sure about the data because the article is like "research" and "articles" coming from the tobacco industry via 3rd parties about the safety of smoking.

lol I would say first off correlation does not equal causation.

one would assume that the states with the most gun owners would be interested in supporting the party that is not calling to take those guns away.

I would say second in regards to "The amount of Trump supporters with guns is kind of scarey if something should happen to Trump" it isn't the Trump supporters that have repeatedly denied the last election and used 4 years of tax dollars and lies to undermine it.

in the US the Dems had 8 years to do something and never did. they much rather would had the partisan club to beat people with every chance they got. who really cares about the deaths then? when one side wants to protect a way of life and is against punishing innocent people while the other side is just in it for political gain?

sure it worked here. wasn't a single mass shooting carried out with the gun that shot up the collage killing all those women. oh wait they didn't actual ban that until this year so...……

every one here okay with federal checks at will, for no crime other than having a car with over 200 HP?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    they're kept divided by left wing identity politics

and what exactly is a "well regulated militia"

how does gun control keep guns out of the hands of criminals?
    I'm not sure "every American" is the same as a "well trained militia". First go back to basics and what the 2nd amendment actually is, not what the NRA told you it is, before any ancillary arguments.