Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,498

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post

in the US the Dems had 8 years to do something and never did.
    Didn't they try after Sandy Hook but couldn't get the GOP votes to pass it?

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I'm not sure "every American" is the same as a "well trained militia". First go back to basics and what the 2nd amendment actually is, not what the NRA told you it is, before any ancillary arguments.
    First off, it’s “well regulated”, not “well trained”. And it refers to the American people, not a trained, militant group.

The NRA also has no bearing whatsoever on the constitution, despite what you choose to believe or spread around as fact.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponyryd View Post
    First off, it’s “well regulated”, not “well trained”. And it refers to the American people, not a trained, militant group.

The NRA also has no bearing whatsoever on the constitution, despite what you choose to believe or spread around as fact.
    My bad - I was thinking "regulated" and typed "trained" (although regulation would imply procedure and training similar to what is required of citizens of Switzerland and Israel), and it refers to a militia not the broad American population per se.

I assume you meant "militia" and not "militant" as that's two different things. Look up what happened to the NRA in the 1970's (Revolt in Cincinnati) and how their messaging changed to influence the interpretation of the 2nd amendment by ignoring the first half of the 2nd amendment. The NRA supported gun control until this internal revolt.

Club Supporter
    You guys can fight about gun control - I think the post that spurred this spiral was about remembering dead children so I'll leave any further comments for politics-specific thread versus this one.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Didn't they try after Sandy Hook but couldn't get the GOP votes to pass it?
    they had years with full control of the house senate and the presidency and did nothing

on the other hand, some democrat controlled states have enforced stricter gun control (California) and they continue to have shootings. almost as if the gun control doesn't affect criminals. because people who want to do bad always find a way.

Still a skating rink on a few streets around me, no sand or salt since Sat's rain n snow.

Wow, Ford trucks are pretty much the entire list for 2019.

THE TOP 10 MOST STOLEN VEHICLES IN CANADA IN 2019

• Ford 350SD AWD 2007
    • Ford 350SD AWD 2006
    • Ford 350SD AWD 2005
    • Ford 350SD AWD 2004
    • Ford 250SD AWD 2006
    • Ford 350SD AWD 2003
    • Lexus RX350/RX350L/RX450h/RX450hL 4DR AWD 2018
    • Ford F250 SD 4WD 2005
    • Ford F350 SD 4AWD 2002
    • Honda Civic Si 2DR Coupe 1998

With auto thefts costing Canadians close to $1 billion each year, the IBC warns that thieves are becoming more sophisticated and using new technology to bypass security systems and electronically gain access to vehicles.
    According to the bureau’s findings, technology had a “major impact” on vehicle thefts in 2019.
    “Electronic auto theft is on the rise across the country as more vehicles are equipped with technology like keyless entry fobs,” said Bryan Gast, the national director of investigative services at IBC.
    The IBC said thieves can use wireless transmitters to intercept the signal from keyless entry fobs and open a locked vehicle’s door.

Super Duty trucks didn't get the PATS anti-theft system until 2008, that's why the ones on the list are all prior to that.
    12 GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

That makes perfect sense, all too easy to smash n grab, even by entry level thieves.

Those '98 Civics also go close to 400K trouble free.
    '21 F150 Screw 4x4 FX4 3.5 Powerboost (Iconic Silver)
    '21 Explorer ST (Atlas Blue)
    '19 Mustang Bullitt (Dark Hyland Green) Vortech Supercharged
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph