Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    In 1-2 gears 100% I go all the way to 5500 rpm and I get back pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not to be a dick, is traction control on? Also you can sometimes adjust rev limit in the handheld but it's not by gear so if you can rev it out past 5500 in 3rd-5th then the limiter isn't your issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Thank you.
    What do you mean by back pressure?
    If rev limiter is set, should start to flutter / lay down when it hits the limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Not to be a dick, is traction control on? Also you can sometimes adjust rev limit in the handheld but it's not by gear so if you can rev it out past 5500 in 3rd-5th then the limiter isn't your issue.
    Traction is always on. And I was to worried to test it in 3-5 in case something bad happened

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Thank you.
    What do you mean by back pressure?
    If rev limiter is set, should start to flutter / lay down when it hits the limiter.
    I get a pushback that doesn’t feel right

Good point, yes sometimes peeps mis diagnose issue or limiter for TC intervening.

I get a pushback that doesn’t feel right

If unsure, especially since it's boosted, strongly suggest you get someone in the know to drive it and give an opinion. Gimme a shout come nice weather, happy to go for a buzz in it with you.
    If limiter is not set, all working as it should, under boost should be having to control yourself not buzzing it to 6500 or more. Like seeing Jeff n Chuck at Beatty n Woods roll their eyes when we talk about how at Mosport / up the hill, Cobra saw 7-7500 shifts to pull mph I was shooting for up n over the hill. With Whipple, no need to spin it that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Good point, yes sometimes peeps mis diagnose issue or limiter for TC intervening.
    When the weather warms up I’ll take it to you to take a look. I’m no mechanic, I could just be getting over ridden by traction. I’m not a mechanic so I don’t push things that don’t want to be pushed

Traction is always on. And I was to worried to test it in 3-5 in case something bad happened

I think that's your traction control kicking on my good man, especially if you're testing it now when the roads are frozen. In second try to accelerate using 1/2- 3/4 throttle past 5500 RPM. If it goes beyond 5500 with light throttle it's not a limiter issue it's a case of TC stepping in. Because you have a centri blower it makes more boost with higher RPM. Not super uncommon for it to try and break loose in lower gears at higher RPM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I think that's your traction control kicking on my good man, especially if you're testing it now when the roads are frozen. In second try to accelerate using 1/2- 3/4 throttle past 5500 RPM. If it goes beyond 5500 with light throttle it's not a limiter issue it's a case of TC stepping in. Because you have a centri blower it makes more boost with higher RPM. Not super uncommon for it to try and break loose in lower gears at higher RPM.
    That’s what it sounds like. My stang is parked tho. Never winter driven lol

Under boost, IMHO, TC should always be shut off to ensure it's not just taken a huge gulp of fuel n air only to see TC system shut it down and you lift a head or worse.