Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    It is hard to believe that moving this little grey switch back and forth every day has caused a potentially career ending injury that at the very least will be with me for the rest of my life.

Carpel Tunnel? suks when what we do takes that type of a toll on us

Yes. Owner/Operator
    So now what ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Sorry to hear what your going through.

On a lighter note, congrats to Ross yesterday, well done Mr.

SlipperyVic
    It is hard to believe that moving this little grey switch back and forth every day has caused a potentially career ending injury that at the very least will be with me for the rest of my life.

I guess driving a Super 10 is out of the question then.

I see an Idrive in your future.

Not carpal tunnel. Something else. He told me what it was but it was too long to remember. When I sleep my thumb becomes very limited in range of motion. I can force it and it makes a large click, Like the joint is squared off. Thats the outer knuckle on my thumb. It's painful to force it. After being up for a while it is normal again. The joint at my palm is painful. If I don't use it for a while it locks again. It is a progressive type thing and will continue to get worse. He said I was lucky to get in quickly (2 weeks) or it would be much harder to treat and would be much worse. I'm having it treated by a certified chiropractor who is also a sports therapist. He treats the Ottawa Redblacks. This literally happened overnight. I went to bed one evening and it was messed up the next day. Dr. told me that this type of injury is like a bucket filling up. Once its full its nearly instant. I'm still looking at options. Australian trucks have the splitter on the other side of the shift knob. Automatic trans swap is looking to be 30-40k. New truck is 200-250k and not going to happen. Career change is still an option but I'm 58 and always been self employed.

Next appt tmrw. Biggest question I have to ask is can I snowmobile.

Not carpal tunnel. Something else. He told me what it was but it was too long to remember. When I sleep my thumb becomes very limited in range of motion. I can force it and it makes a large click, Like the joint is squared off. Thats the outer knuckle on my thumb. It's painful to force it. After being up for a while it is normal again. The joint at my palm is painful. If I don't use it for a while it locks again. It is a progressive type thing and will continue to get worse. He said I was lucky to get in quickly (2 weeks) or it would be much harder to treat and would be much worse. I'm having it treated by a certified chiropractor who is also a sports therapist. He treats the Ottawa Redblacks. This literally happened overnight. I went to bed one evening and it was messed up the next day. Dr. told me that this type of injury is like a bucket filling up. Once its full its nearly instant. I'm still looking at options. Australian trucks have the splitter on the other side of the shift knob. Automatic trans swap is looking to be 30-40k. New truck is 200-250k and not going to happen. Career change is still an option but I'm 58 and always been self employed.

Next appt tmrw. Biggest question I have to ask is can I snowmobile.
    hope it gets well - you wont like the automatic - they suck in reverse and in the snow - even the older auto's - modern auto's are worse in the snow - two weeks ago watch a guy blast the yokes from his drive shafts trying to get it unstuck |(it was kinda funny)
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    hope it gets well - you wont like the automatic - they suck in reverse and in the snow - even the older auto's - modern auto's are worse in the snow - two weeks ago watch a guy blast the yokes from his drive shafts trying to get it unstuck |(it was kinda funny)
    I have driven Allison auto and eaton auto shift and I love the allison and hate the autoshift.

SPRING WILL OFFICIALLY ARRIVE IN 38 DAYS!!!!

I have driven Allison auto and eaton auto shift and I love the allison and hate the autoshift.
    the drivers seem to like them once they try realize how much more comfortable they are to drive especially in traffic - their only complaints are backing into docks, they tend to lunge and not as smooth (your case may be different) and getting stuck in snow - The new trucks here are all auto and the tranny has a separate computer (not sure what tranny is in them) They have a lot of trouble in the snow cant bring up the R's or do much to get unstuck and sometimes early issues with clutches among other things - the wife drives a big school bus with the auto and she likes it - you have some tough decisions I feel for you - same age and I too have issues with hands and other joints - I will probably never get a car with paddle shifters...lol maybe time for a new truck with the emission standards are going to get tough on older equipment...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works