Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    3 people in the office got these calls on Wednesday.
    had my phone ring last weekend 3 times same number phone said it was out of st Catherin's. on the last ring I answered and it was a msg. threatening the police something about sin number yada yada. since it came up with a number I hit redial. it went to a voice mail. I left a very angry msg about phone scams, what I thought of them and if you want to arrest me come and get me. there was some yelling and probably at least 2 swear words.

5 min later the phone rings again. same number. I answered with a WHAT! and this voice of an older gentleman answered me. apologized for bother me. said he got a rather angry msg. from me and just wanted to let me know that it wasn't him that was calling. I I double checked the call history and it was the same number I was getting the scam calls from. he said he has gotten a few angry msgs from people but his phone company cant seem to do anything about it. poor guy said he was afraid to answer his phone any more. I apologized profusely. and we talked for a few min. seemed like a really nice guy. lol I felt like shit

just fyi don't know how they are doing it but somehow either faking the call display number or piggy backing off un suspecting victims phones.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    so add to my earlier, this day is shit post.

started the demo of the kitchen/ dining room. 3 hours in. cut my right middle and took a gouge of skin off the left pointer fingers. within the span of 5 seconds on the same piece of trim. and then turned and stepped on a nail. no I was not wearing gloves of the proper foot wear! why? cuz apparently I am a dumbass.

so im don't working for today. time for dinner beer and maybe a movie with the kids.

will try again tomorrow with the proper safety gear.
    Beer and chill followed by proper PPE is just what the doctor would prescribe for this. Sorry man.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Club Supporter
    had my phone ring last weekend 3 times same number phone said it was out of st Catherin's. on the last ring I answered and it was a msg. threatening the police something about sin number yada yada. since it came up with a number I hit redial. it went to a voice mail. I left a very angry msg about phone scams, what I thought of them and if you want to arrest me come and get me. there was some yelling and probably at least 2 swear words.

5 min later the phone rings again. same number. I answered with a WHAT! and this voice of an older gentleman answered me. apologized for bother me. said he got a rather angry msg. from me and just wanted to let me know that it wasn't him that was calling. I I double checked the call history and it was the same number I was getting the scam calls from. he said he has gotten a few angry msgs from people but his phone company cant seem to do anything about it. poor guy said he was afraid to answer his phone any more. I apologized profusely. and we talked for a few min. seemed like a really nice guy. lol I felt like shit

just fyi don't know how they are doing it but somehow either faking the call display number or piggy backing off un suspecting victims phones.

https://cellularnews.com/guides/how-...-phone-number/

Club Supporter
    so add to my earlier, this day is shit post.

started the demo of the kitchen/ dining room. 3 hours in. cut my right middle and took a gouge of skin off the left pointer fingers. within the span of 5 seconds on the same piece of trim. and then turned and stepped on a nail. no I was not wearing gloves of the proper foot wear! why? cuz apparently I am a dumbass.

so im don't working for today. time for dinner beer and maybe a movie with the kids.

will try again tomorrow with the proper safety gear.
    That sucks- bad way to start a long weekend....after someone you're trying to resolve an issue for calls you an idiot because he's pissed at someone else.

I got a call from them yesterday.. the number was Canada’s EI contact number

If I don’t know the number or not expecting a call I don’t answer.
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    I got a call from them yesterday.. the number was Canada’s EI contact number

If I don’t know the number or not expecting a call I don’t answer.
    is the way to do it, unfortunately I've talked to a few people like me where my van my office and my cell phone is my most important tool. cant risk missing customers due to screening calls. glad to see some arrests finally made

Last week I had 3 calls spoofing my own house number, f-ing bastards!

Just priced this out... one can dream

vehicle.jpg
    '88 LX

It's possible to see fuel shortages (propane, heating oil and gas) by the end of this week, if the CN shutdown continues.

Just a heads up.

Just finished snowblowing the yard. Lots of "igloo" quality drifts, lol. Now I get a weather advisory for 20 cm more snow. We've had a mild winter but I can't wait for it to end!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!