Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    My parents are only 20 years older then I. My mom 19 years older. For years I tried to get them to move out to my area so I can take care of them. I shutter at the thought of an old age home and when I first came out here there was some awesome deals. But stubborn as people are they didn't budge, didn't want change. If I had the cash I would have pulled the trigger and bought the properties myself. I consider myself lucky because of my health is very good and grew up in a health conscious generation, but closing in on 60 I can see I'm not who I was...Last night in the wee hours my Dad went into emergency surgery for and abdomen aneurysm. There's many things to be thankful for... mainly he pulled thru a surgery that gave him a 50/50 chance and so far he is okay. Considering the current events things could have been a lot worse. As much as I hate government and you may be able to throw authority into that mix, I have to commend our leaders and their advisors on the organization and leadership with care facilities in these times. If this was another country he may not have been attended too period (from what I have read). This all happened in the wee hours and I can only imagine my moms worries as she was not allowed to go in the ambulance and be there waiting by his side...Health is a serious consideration in a persons lifestyle - If you can stay home - stay home - everyday I have to go to work and come home to five other people waiting it out, and that worries me. I only have to go to work because of the economy. It's different now then all the other years and I do my best to be careful. There's many things to be learned in this time and I think the biggest thing for me - Is what we had before really normal....? Is the economy as important as health...? Is the economy more important than life itself...? Is normal just a term for comfort and peace of mind, for a lucky few...I say this in respect to those who work for minimum wage or maybe don't work at all...Is normal changing and will it change for the better. Greed seems to be todays normal along with chasing a never ending grasp to be on top of it. We live in a time where we have seen people accumulate tons of wealth then suddenly die from something money could not prevent - what good is the economy really doing for us as a whole community....? If you can stay home - stay home! Personally I want to see the normal change for the better of all not just the few at the top! My mom said in a sort of broken voice...The last thing he said to me was not to worry!
    Thankfully your dad pulled through! Economy is not more important than health...imagine needing assisted breathing due to COVID and you pull through but require permanent respirator because of the damage from COVID ? That's not even living anymore. I'll take being in debt over being physically ruined / killed by COVID.

I'm still working way more than my GF and I often think how much of a risk I am to her and anyone that would be in contact with me. I see probably over a hundred customers twice a week and the other 4 days I work ( I work 6 days between 2 jobs) I am subjected to high risk related covid infestation by yet more contact with people. Money is flowing but I'm becoming increasingly stressed. This shit ass weather is not helping...my mustang centered my Chi so to speak by taking my mind off this whole end of the world pandemic crap and yet the snow is relentless. I might just not give a rat's ass soon and just drive the thing. Never know if I might die tomorrow right ?

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    My parents are only 20 years older then I. My mom 19 years older. For years I tried to get them to move out to my area so I can take care of them. I shutter at the thought of an old age home and when I first came out here there was some awesome deals. But stubborn as people are they didn't budge, didn't want change. If I had the cash I would have pulled the trigger and bought the properties myself. I consider myself lucky because of my health is very good and grew up in a health conscious generation, but closing in on 60 I can see I'm not who I was...Last night in the wee hours my Dad went into emergency surgery for and abdomen aneurysm. There's many things to be thankful for... mainly he pulled thru a surgery that gave him a 50/50 chance and so far he is okay. Considering the current events things could have been a lot worse. As much as I hate government and you may be able to throw authority into that mix, I have to commend our leaders and their advisors on the organization and leadership with care facilities in these times. If this was another country he may not have been attended too period (from what I have read). This all happened in the wee hours and I can only imagine my moms worries as she was not allowed to go in the ambulance and be there waiting by his side...Health is a serious consideration in a persons lifestyle - If you can stay home - stay home - everyday I have to go to work and come home to five other people waiting it out, and that worries me. I only have to go to work because of the economy. It's different now then all the other years and I do my best to be careful. There's many things to be learned in this time and I think the biggest thing for me - Is what we had before really normal....? Is the economy as important as health...? Is the economy more important than life itself...? Is normal just a term for comfort and peace of mind, for a lucky few...I say this in respect to those who work for minimum wage or maybe don't work at all...Is normal changing and will it change for the better. Greed seems to be todays normal along with chasing a never ending grasp to be on top of it. We live in a time where we have seen people accumulate tons of wealth then suddenly die from something money could not prevent - what good is the economy really doing for us as a whole community....? If you can stay home - stay home! Personally I want to see the normal change for the better of all not just the few at the top! My mom said in a sort of broken voice...The last thing he said to me was not to worry!
    My dad went through that about 10 years ago, he pulled through as well. ( no longer with us anymore). It’s a scary thing man but I’m very happy that he pulled through. With all that’s going on not just with covid but our community members with other illnesses or even worse it’s good to hear that some people are just built tough and get it done. For what it’s worth your father with be in my prayers and God Bless you and your family as well as every other member on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Glad to hear that your dad id Ok Gerry. That’s quite a scare. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Thankfully your dad pulled through! Economy is not more important than health...imagine needing assisted breathing due to COVID and you pull through but require permanent respirator because of the damage from COVID ? That's not even living anymore. I'll take being in debt over being physically ruined / killed by COVID.

I'm still working way more than my GF and I often think how much of a risk I am to her and anyone that would be in contact with me. I see probably over a hundred customers twice a week and the other 4 days I work ( I work 6 days between 2 jobs) I am subjected to high risk related covid infestation by yet more contact with people. Money is flowing but I'm becoming increasingly stressed. This shit ass weather is not helping...my mustang centered my Chi so to speak by taking my mind off this whole end of the world pandemic crap and yet the snow is relentless. I might just not give a rat's ass soon and just drive the thing. Never know if I might die tomorrow right ?
    Thank you...take it easy - be careful - all this work is not making sense to me anymore...lol - I missed a lot of things in life as my family has grown (like many here I'm sure) our biggest memories maybe shouldn't be about a life of just work - guess I'm getting old hahah - the weather will break soon be patient...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Thanks Zut your a good man - sorry to hear about your dad. Looking forward to meeting again at an upcoming Mustang meet!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Thanks Laurence...!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Wishing a speedy recovery to your Dad Hammerhead
    ~Scott B

Glad to hear your dad pulled through Hammer, we're all holding you guys close to our hearts.

Best wishes for your Dad.

Thanks everyone - so far he's good gonna check in today and make sure mom is ok - he was ICU yesterday hoping he can be home a few days. Being able to freely move from place to place is going to be a welcoming luxury once this disease is over...have a good day all and be safe.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd