Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,500

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by USAWIT2 View Post
    Alternator took a dump on the Cobra this afternoon, flat bed tow back from the forks of the credit, no ride home via the tow truck due to covid,
    by the time I get a ride home cars unloaded and tow truck is gone and front chin spoiler is all scraped to shit from unloading. FML

-Usawit2

That bites ass. If it was CAA, they are suppose to take before n after pics, call em up.
    As for the alt, all too common. When replacing be sure to remove n clean the main ground when it's connected at the motor mount. To replace, well worth the effort to remove battery n battery tray first, most of the job is easier done from below. Most reliable replacements we've seen, Ford Remans.

after busting my ass for the last few weeks. putting all my stuff off to pick up the slack of guys being off, I told everyone that today is MY day.

weather was suppose to be beautiful so im replacing the sending unit and fuel gauge on the old car so I can go for a cruse.

so started the day up early. wife wanted to get kitchen supplies. fine should be a 2 hour trip max. FIVE HOURS LATER! home after lunch. phone rings. brother I need help moving a fridge and stuff. dad can help but we don't have carts or a truck. "here are the keys to the work truck. and my shop carts are in the back. have at it, im working on the car today"

phone rings. its the mother in law, we just got back and need help moving furniture. ugggg..

finally shortly after 3 I get started on the car. fight with it for 2 hours get it all buttoned up. brand new fuel gauged with a brand new sending unit. doesn't work properly gauge pegs backwards below empty as soon as I power it.

think maybe its because the car was originally positive ground and now its negative. so switch the leads. and it pegs all the way to the full.

dosnt seem to be a broken or grounded wire so I need to pull the tank again. see if the float is hung up. If not then one of them is bad,

so much for the cruse I wanted this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    That bites ass. If it was CAA, they are suppose to take before n after pics, call em up.
    As for the alt, all too common. When replacing be sure to remove n clean the main ground when it's connected at the motor mount. To replace, well worth the effort to remove battery n battery tray first, most of the job is easier done from below. Most reliable replacements we've seen, Ford Remans.
    Spoke to a person at CAA and opened a claim, supervisor is suppose to call me back on Tuesday.

Thanks for info on changing the alternator

-Usawit2

^ Hope your weekend gets better.

Would it be wise to krown/fluid film a store bought steel gazebo? I’m thinking yeah
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    after busting my ass for the last few weeks. putting all my stuff off to pick up the slack of guys being off, I told everyone that today is MY day.

weather was suppose to be beautiful so im replacing the sending unit and fuel gauge on the old car so I can go for a cruse.

so started the day up early. wife wanted to get kitchen supplies. fine should be a 2 hour trip max. FIVE HOURS LATER! home after lunch. phone rings. brother I need help moving a fridge and stuff. dad can help but we don't have carts or a truck. "here are the keys to the work truck. and my shop carts are in the back. have at it, im working on the car today"

phone rings. its the mother in law, we just got back and need help moving furniture. ugggg..

finally shortly after 3 I get started on the car. fight with it for 2 hours get it all buttoned up. brand new fuel gauged with a brand new sending unit. doesn't work properly gauge pegs backwards below empty as soon as I power it.

think maybe its because the car was originally positive ground and now its negative. so switch the leads. and it pegs all the way to the full.

dosnt seem to be a broken or grounded wire so I need to pull the tank again. see if the float is hung up. If not then one of them is bad,

so much for the cruse I wanted this evening.
    I don’t have kids yet but as a brother and a son I still feel your pain for being the as I call it “ the go to donkey”. It sucks when you need a day to get your own shit done and people still call like crazy.

I’m sorry you couldn’t find the gauges. But tomorrow is a new day and perhaps will some sleep you’ll figure it out in a timely manner. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Just curious but has anyone doing a slow build ever add a Tremac T56 to their 2V before any motor swap ?

T56 behind a stockish engine, unless you have a huge gear in the rear, will all but never use the top gear.
    Did a Viper spec T56 behind my 2000GT sporting a Saleen M90 kit with 373's out back, worked very very well but think a hair more gear would have worked even better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    T56 behind a stockish engine, unless you have a huge gear in the rear, will all but never use the top gear.
    Did a Viper spec T56 behind my 2000GT sporting a Saleen M90 kit with 373's out back, worked very very well but think a hair more gear would have worked even better.
    I have a stag 2 racing clutch with a V2 blower. With 3.73s in the rear. Would a T56 help achieve better power for the time being before I swapped the motor in later years ?

IMHO, seeing a Centri set up makes less low mid torque, think you would be disappointed changing the trans first unless you went to at least 4:10's or taller out back.