Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Not sure higher end will be that much better, I was told that they almost all made by the same CO ??? (few years) ???

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Had AC in the shop for a few years now, it took a dump on Monday, had forgotten how hot it gets in there when temps get high. While I know it's in a crappy environment with the dust n dirt etc, breakdown intervals n overall service life was not great (AirWorks ductless unit). Will be replacing with something higher end in the hope extra spent up front pays off over the long haul.
    Ever notice, furnace only breaks down when it's cold, AC only craps out when it's hot. huh!!
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

Biggest problem with the cheaper versions, not so much as a single part available unless it's generic n shared with another unit. Inside circuit boards etc, no chance.

Good Time to let ZIPPY get his fingers dirty in the A/C buisness ! LOL
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

More likely he will become the fan-bearer.
    -Don____________

[QUOTE=ZR;349642]
    Ever notice, furnace only breaks down when it's cold, AC only craps out when it's hot. huh!!
    Tell me about it... out in the F150 the other day and hit the AC...ah...nice cool air. A minute later, the wife says, 'Why you got the heat on?' It's blowing cool on my side and HOT on hers...lol Figure the blend door actuator took a dump. It's in the dealer this morn getting looked at.
    Round two... out in the Cobra the other day and hit the AC... nothing but warm air. Argh! Will test the low pressure switch this morn. Hoping that's all it is. Replaced it back about 6 yrs ago...fingers crossed.

Foxstang
    My HVAC died the other day... checked it out, it was all wet. Turns out the drain pipe vent was blocked causing water buildup which ended up in the fan and circuit board. Took it apart, dried it and put back together, runs mint again. Last year it was the capacitator in the AC unit... the part that helps get the pump running or provides the initial spike in current that's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MINT2000 View Post
    Good Time to let ZIPPY get his fingers dirty in the A/C buisness ! LOL
    My first job!

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

So....

On 401 near Windsor today, the OPP had radar set up in a construction zone.

When I went by they had 3 pulled over, including a BMW 6 series on a flatbed with the driver outside on cell phone.....suggesting he got caught doing at least 50 over.

My thought is....since it is double fines in a construction zone when workers are present, does the 7 day suspension become 14 days????

Just wondering.....

Heard feedback from a few peeps about extended wait times for parts from various vendors. Keep in mind, while things may look somewhat normal out there, many manufacturers have been shut down for two plus months now. As such, some of the cool stuff you've ordered and getting tired of waiting for just plain are not available right now or will take longer vs the norm to arrive. Adding to that shipping co's are crazy busy trying to keep up which in some cases makes the wait just that much longer.
    Everyone wants to get you looked after and are doing the very best they can.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Heard feedback from a few peeps about extended wait times for parts from various vendors. Keep in mind, while things may look somewhat normal out there, many manufacturers have been shut down for two plus months now. As such, some of the cool stuff you've ordered and getting tired of waiting for just plain are not available right now or will take longer vs the norm to arrive. Adding to that shipping co's are crazy busy trying to keep up which in some cases makes the wait just that much longer.
    Everyone wants to get you looked after and are doing the very best they can.
    Yep. Just requires some patience and understanding

We keeps seeing things being added to back order lists some of them currently without resolution dates.