Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Foxstang
    Well insurance screwed me over on another business idea. Most do not want to even insure my new business. Ones that do make the startup costs to a point where the risks now outweigh the benefits.

Maybe it’s a blessing to be honest. I’m actually very good at detailed wood working. So I’m starting a finishing carpentry business. Website is almost done. Picking up a new 6x14 trailer today and I’m meeting with floor installers for referrals too. Plus i LOVE doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxstang View Post
    Well insurance screwed me over on another business idea. Most do not want to even insure my new business. Ones that do make the startup costs to a point where the risks now outweigh the benefits.

Maybe it’s a blessing to be honest. I’m actually very good at detailed wood working. So I’m starting a finishing carpentry business. Website is almost done. Picking up a new 6x14 trailer today and I’m meeting with floor installers for referrals too. Plus i LOVE doing this.
    I’m sure you will be loaded with work. I do have a contact for you..if you want to PM me for info.
    Just waiting for this crap to be over so we can travel again

malay.mvford

Foxstang
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
    I’m sure you will be loaded with work. I do have a contact for you..if you want to PM me for info.
    Thanks, yes putting my OCD to good use and starting Monday my business is fully insured. Yay. Thanks, PM sent.

Got my Hagerty renewal for the 05 and Cobra yesterday, pleasantly surprised. As for my truck and Kath's daily driver, almost to the dollar double what I pay for the other two.

Foxstang
    Wow a 6x14 trailer looks small in the dealership lot... not so much behind my truck and in my driveway... wow! Glad I didn't get a 7 foot wide one... Pulls real nice though and I won't run out of room with my saws, tools and material in there... heck if working on a ground floor I can do all my cuts in there... But if business goes well, I will trade the trailer for a Ford Transit van to make things easier. I just can't risk dumping 20 or 30 grand into a vehicle without knowing if the business will provide or not lol...

Note: Trailer will be up for sale next year if I make money, and it will be for sale if I don't as well LOL

Wow a 6x14 trailer looks small in the dealership lot... not so much behind my truck and in my driveway... wow! Glad I didn't get a 7 foot wide one... Pulls real nice though and I won't run out of room with my saws, tools and material in there... heck if working on a ground floor I can do all my cuts in there... But if business goes well, I will trade the trailer for a Ford Transit van to make things easier. I just can't risk dumping 20 or 30 grand into a vehicle without knowing if the business will provide or not lol...

Note: Trailer will be up for sale next year if I make money, and it will be for sale if I don't as well LOL
    I’ve been debating trading in my Tacoma for a transit but I love my truck so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Thanks, yes putting my OCD to good use and starting Monday my business is fully insured. Yay. Thanks, PM sent.
    Awesome best of luck with the new venture

Foxstang
    Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    I’ve been debating trading in my Tacoma for a transit but I love my truck so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah my truck takes a lot less fuel and with 4x4 I can work in new developments (given the opportunity) and not get too stuck in the mud. But a trailer is cumbersome at best. I'm sure an extended Transit would get the job done, I just don't want to invest that kind of money into a business that may not bring in enough revenue lol... always a risk.

Been a crazy few weeks.

Mom had a pre op with the surgeon. Sounds like promising news so far.
    He can’t say for sure until after the surgery but “on paper” it looks like it’s only stage one. She is on a Rush list for surgery he is hoping sometime in September. After that they will analyze and decide the next steps.

Monday was closing day for both our old place and the new place. Ended up not getting a key till like 5:30. So Tuesday was move in day. So far lots to un pack still but the kids seem stoked. Running threw the trails in the Bush. They have already picked about a couple spots for a tree house build next summer.

Was off all week other than yesterday. Just trying to take it slow. And work threw boxes.

So far it feels like waking up in a vacation cabin.

Hope that feeling stays.