Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Mustang Occasionally
    What was the item she ordered?

Washer dryer set.

Stored ... Until next year my orange friend. Hopefully a better year than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

I know your pain..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honest question.

customer informed about back orders.

would you refund? full or restocking fee?

where do you draw the line on who gets a refund?

we are small time. typically around 700,000 to 800,000 per year in appliance sales. on a 15-20% mark up.

right now i have somewhere in and around 200000 in back ordered product. all customers were made aware of back order issues. and told dates were tentative and subject to change

store policy is the same as almost every other appliance store. if it has to be ordered it classifies as special order, special order must be paid in full to be ordered, no refunds. in stick items are subject to a 25% restocking fee.

If a customer was informed of the issues placed their order and now wants a refund because they went somewhere else and got a completely different make and model. and now is demanding a refund. Do you give them the refund?

Foxstang
    Is there a paper trail? Or was it just a phone conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    honest question.

customer informed about back orders.

would you refund? full or restocking fee?

where do you draw the line on who gets a refund?

we are small time. typically around 700,000 to 800,000 per year in appliance sales. on a 15-20% mark up.

right now i have somewhere in and around 200000 in back ordered product. all customers were made aware of back order issues. and told dates were tentative and subject to change

store policy is the same as almost every other appliance store. if it has to be ordered it classifies as special order, special order must be paid in full to be ordered, no refunds. in stick items are subject to a 25% restocking fee.

If a customer was informed of the issues placed their order and now wants a refund because they went somewhere else and got a completely different make and model. and now is demanding a refund. Do you give them the refund?
    In this day and age and considering Covid-19 I would stick to your policy.

Hopefully you put your policy on the order form/invoice. If you didn’t consider for future. Maybe even have them sign it as recognition of being told. Most would not balk at signing.

The more documentation the better.

As an auditor/accountant I have a healthy attitude of skepticism.

If said policy is on the original bill of sale, to me your clearly in the drivers seat. In the same breath, if the pair are in demand and more likely vs not gonna fly off the floor in short order, taking them back (discounted) might buy a whole bunch of good will moving forward. In the same long winded breath, gets old with people ordering this that and every other thing only to purchase from the vendor that see's it arrive first. Same goes for those that order a specialty item and only return because they needed just the once.

thanks for the input.

running to the edge of what i can handle lol its almost a daily occurrence where someone is being yelled at by a customer.

Ive been threatened more with lawyers in the past month than I have in the last 5 years.

confident in our policy, it sound s harsh but very common in this industry. read the fine print its the same for everyone.

if i had to pay back even a quarter of what is on back order i might as well just shut the doors.

and my back order is nothing bigger stores are running to the millions on back order right now.

the problem being since we are so small its a constant fight to get product. big box guys just keeps eating up stock as soon as it becomes available.

If policy is stated in writing on the original order/bill of sale then, I say your 'customer' in SOL!
    However, like Rick said, if the product is a good seller... may want to consider a restocking fee.