Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    My city decided to invest in a $560,000 pot hole repair machine. I guess we do have bad roads, lol.

We've got one of those here. It fixes pot holes fast, really fast and does a good job. Way way faster than a crew of 3 or 4 guys.

Would be interesting to see how productive it is compared to standard crews going out and doing this. The article mentions the city has 3 crews of 4-5 workers per crew with pickup truck and trailer, blocker vehicle, plus the dump truck and driver. This eliminates all of it, with potentially the blocker vehicle required. That is alot of people and other equipment that are redundant with this purchase. I bet the pay back period on this is only a few years and with no benefits/ pensions to pay for etc.

I didn't look into it, but assume it does a better job that some guys dumping some asphalt in a hole and patting it down as well

If it works as billed, hell of a smart purchase more cities should be seriously looking at.

That machine looks awesome. Sure, the entry price is high but if it works it should be a game changer.

Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Must really pack it down as well..
    lifts front of truck when rolling it out.

Rock Auto has a sense of humor...

"Are you tired of putting money into your '85 Chevy K10 pickup? What is the starting price for that newfangled electric Hummer EV Edition 1 pickup?

A. $73,910
    Answer: B. $112,595 (Or, you could use that money to buy about fifty long-block 350cid motors for your old Chevy pickup from RockAuto.com, which would help ensure you and your descendants will have transportation and the ability to haul stuff until roughly the year 3020.)
    C. $179,390"
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

I hate it when you are selling something, you tell them cash, and they show up with none. "oh i thought etransfer would be okay"

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

The most infuriating part about the lockdowns coming back is people who will retain pay checks dispite being sent home, preaching to the people who risk losing everything “that we are all in this together and all need to make sacrifices.”

The second most infuriating thing is DIRECTLY following the news report talking about how everything will be locked down again because small business are too dangerous. They go to sports and talk about how pro hockey will resume across Canada. With teams continuing to travel back and forth across the country.
    And this only days after a guy was arrested for playing hockey out doors.

My daughter is writing her last exam, physics, of the fall term then coming home from LU for three weeks. Good luck and safe travels Celeste.