Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

As of a week ago, both hospitals close to me, no appointments to be tested available until the new year.
    Don't like whats happening but agree something drastic needed to be done.

Club Supporter
    Isn't the hospital test capacity based on ICU beds?

I think there are more surgical ways to deal with restrictions than blanket methods but unfortunately government usually have to take a one size fits all/lowest common denominator approach, and cases like the BBQ guy and anti-maskers protesting and wanting to citizen arrest mayors, etc., creates some of this lowest common denominator issues. Was in a small auto shop in Brampton last week and of 5 customers in the waiting area, only one was wearing a mask. Owner/employees were back in the shop working on cars. Multiply that hundreds of times across Brampton and other cities. I do think testing protocols and frequencies can be improved though and I wonder how much this may be contributing to asymptomatic spread.

On another note, one entire household on our street came down with COVID - 2 parents in their 50's and 3 sons aged 18-25 all got it. Ambulance had to be called twice, once for the dad and once for their 20 year old son due to breathing complications for both. Add to that, another possibly asymptomatic family member (possibly an aunt) may have spread it to the grandparents in North York - they have been advised to purchase a metal casket for the grandfather as he is in ICU (alone) and may not survive. Sad stories like this around - something similar as work with a co-worker's 46 year old family member in ICU.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Isn't the hospital test capacity based on ICU beds?

I think there are more surgical ways to deal with restrictions than blanket methods but unfortunately government usually have to take a one size fits all/lowest common denominator approach, and cases like the BBQ guy and anti-maskers protesting and wanting to citizen arrest mayors, etc., creates some of this lowest common denominator issues. Was in a small auto shop in Brampton last week and of 5 customers in the waiting area, only one was wearing a mask. Owner/employees were back in the shop working on cars. Multiply that hundreds of times across Brampton and other cities. I do think testing protocols and frequencies can be improved though and I wonder how much this may be contributing to asymptomatic spread.

On another note, one entire household on our street came down with COVID - 2 parents in their 50's and 3 sons aged 18-25 all got it. Ambulance had to be called twice, once for the dad and once for their 20 year old son due to breathing complications for both. Add to that, another possibly asymptomatic family member (possibly an aunt) may have spread it to the grandparents in North York - they have been advised to purchase a metal casket for the grandfather as he is in ICU (alone) and may not survive. Sad stories like this around - something similar as work with a co-worker's 46 year old family member in ICU.
    I work in brampton - i will not stop into any retail business here - maybe you where at one of the many shops beside me - I see no respect here for each other - I'm fortunate I work alone for the most part in a gated yard and dont deal with public...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    dont know. but if lock downs dont stop spread and only cause job losses, business closing and bankruptcies then what is the benefit of diving back into them?
    pretty sure lockdowns had the province down to as low as 33 cases a day in July... cant see how it wont work - people who dont think this is serious shit maybe should just look to the usa seams like there could be a lot of dead non believers there - all it takes is respect and co-operation
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    pretty sure lockdowns had the province down to as low as 33 cases a day in July... cant see how it wont work - people who dont think this is serious shit maybe should just look to the usa seams like there could be a lot of dead non believers there - all it takes is respect and co-operation
    Never said it wasn’t serious.

The virus is a seasonal respiratory virus and behaves as suck which means come summer it’s drops down that’s what Australia had its first wave when many others were in the summer low.

It was the seasonal aspect of the virus behaviour that led to the summer low. Not the spring time lockdowns.
    This is known science and talked about by many experts around the world.

California never fully came out of lockdowns. They have stricter measures than most of the rest of North America. And are seeing record numbers dispite this.
    The virus is bad. Lockdowns are making things as a whole worse

Jacinda Ardern MVP

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Never said it wasn’t serious.

The virus is a seasonal respiratory virus and behaves as suck which means come summer it’s drops down that’s what Australia had its first wave when many others were in the summer low.

It was the seasonal aspect of the virus behaviour that led to the summer low. Not the spring time lockdowns.
    This is known science and talked about by many experts around the world.

California never fully came out of lockdowns. They have stricter measures than most of the rest of North America. And are seeing record numbers dispite this.
    The virus is bad. Lockdowns are making things as a whole worse
    I guess the usa didnt experience summer....? could be non believers lock down mean shit if peeps dont comply
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Club Supporter
    I guess the usa didnt experience summer....? could be non believers lock down mean shit if peeps dont comply
    Non-believers/anti-maskers don't follow lockdown rules so negate some of the potential lockdown benefits.

They did that’s why numbers came down in the summer and are now back up. Despite lockdowns getting stricter and masks being required and worn

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Non-believers/anti-maskers don't follow lockdown rules so negate some of the potential lockdown benefits.
    Show me stats showing spread directly tied to anti maskers explain why those caused spread but not BLM protests and then Explain how hospitals and care homes that are responsible for a large majority of the cases and deaths are related to anti maskers
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 12-22-2020 at 01:04 PM.