Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Was curious about how CPP benefits work even though I have lots of time to go - started working around age 21, out of workforce for maybe a total of 3 years in the past 30 years to do a Master's degree and between jobs which reduces the estimated benefit at retirement age. The CPP estimates are available through the Service Canada website which you have to request access code on their website, then register as a user (if not already registered).

Maximum CPP benefit at age 65: $1,204 per month

In my case with the number of years worked so far and CPP contributions to date, my benefit at age 60=$759/month, age 65=$1,187/month, age 70=$1,685/month.

I think the calculation assumes there are no interruptions between now and the retirement ages listed above so it looks like the number of years worked with CPP contributions less <3 years out of workforce (not contributing) reduces the maximum benefit by ~$17 per month.

It appears the average CPP benefit currently for all Canadians is $689/month. Both the average and maximum aren't a lot of money given the cost of living today especially in high cost areas but interesting to know the specific individualized benefit. Once you register and login to Service Canada they show your individualized estimated CPP benefits.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be...t-amounts.html

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    They projected this because it's very contagious and its obvious that covid fatigue hit the narcissistic anti maskers and entitled individuals which furthered noncompliance.

House parties, visiting family, panic buying nonessential items, half masking, no masking, lack of social distancing etc etc...

Our government was too soft...thinking Canadians are going to follow health guidelines lol. Further hypocrisy of our politicians telling us to lockdown when they go visit family and have expensive vacations.

But here's to a 2021 that will hopefully be way better than the previous year!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
    I know they projected it a month and a half ago. I’m just saying that when we approach the final date of their projections the numbers seem to spike to get us over their projected number is a little suspect. Coupled with the hot mic “I say whatever they tell me to say” incident it just makes me think a little bit.

I still do what they say and where a mask when I go out, try to adhere to the 6ft rule, and my work has mandated that masks be worn at all times during work hours.

3 more months............

2019 Roush Race Red RS3 Mustang GT
    2019 White Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Ltd
    2019 Chevy Equinox AWD

I try to buy locally, but when rockauto has what I’m looking for $100+ less including shipping and tax.
    The answer seems easy.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Went out to see a man about a horse and could hear a lot of 2 strokes in the snow on this crisp clear cold night
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

To see a man about a dog or horse is a British English idiom, usually used as a way to apologise for one's imminent departure or absence, generally to euphemistically conceal one's true purpose, such as going to use the bathroom or going to buy a drink.
    Tells what you were really up to.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Tells what you were really up to.
    Hahahaha Ok ok - block sanding and 5 deep into six tb’s lol busted but might have to encroach on the high commders coolers - desperate times
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Cant stop laughing hahahaha I had no idea just something my dad always said hahaha
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Ya know what grinds my gears???
    Ordered some SD cards from a retailer during Boxing Week Specials. Shipped from B.C. which is fine. Been tracking the package. This morning it says 'attempted delivery @ 9 am....left notice card', while we were home. So, I check mailbox...no card. Says I can pick up parcel at depot(on website)...which depot??? This afternoon, the letter carrier drops off the notice...fack me...why didn't he just deliver the parcel? It's probably an envelope. Now, I have to go out to the Shoppers Drug mart to get it when, I paid for delivery.
    Seem to be a good scam they got going at Canada Post...

Quote Originally Posted by Snaketamer View Post
    Ya know what grinds my gears???
    Ordered some SD cards from a retailer during Boxing Week Specials. Shipped from B.C. which is fine. Been tracking the package. This morning it says 'attempted delivery @ 9 am....left notice card', while we were home. So, I check mailbox...no card. Says I can pick up parcel at depot(on website)...which depot??? This afternoon, the letter carrier drops off the notice...fack me...why didn't he just deliver the parcel? It's probably an envelope. Now, I have to go out to the Shoppers Drug mart to get it when, I paid for delivery.
    Seem to be a good scam they got going at Canada Post...
    That sucks.

So the government has an order out to stay home unless it's an essential trip. You took the right steps to NOT have to go out by ordering online for home delivery but the government entity (Canada Post) is causing you to have to break that order.
    Laughable really.