Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

No to the Boost a Pump.
    Yes to new aftermarket fuel pump.

Kenne Bell still make the tuner kit? Used to offer one that was all the blower parts and goodies, but san's their fuel system and tuning parts. Would be a solid option I think.

Also $7400 is a big chuck of change no doubt, but keep in mind

- That is way less work than a Coyote swap
    - It's reversible if you want to sell the car and blower separately (advised)
    - It's likely less than the delta you'd spend to go from your ride to a similar spec'd 2011+ car

IMO if all you want is big seat of the pants ass kicking/low to mid 400hp/minimal headaches and fiddling that's the route. The major difference between spending the money on the kenne vs the coyote on these cars is coyote has a higher ceiling for power, but with that ceiling you have to raise all the other levels of your car to it (driveline etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    I bought my car with my V2, but My car was setup for drag. I hate it. Low end feels sluggish and my RPMs won’t pass 5500 which I’m hearing is wrong. ( not sure thought ). The V2 only picks up at top end and I think I have a blow off. ( still learning about my car).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No to bash but I think something is wrong with your car that isn't the Vortechs fault. Before you spend $7500+ on a KB kit I think you need to get your car squared away as is OR strip all the mods off, go back and start from stock and ensure its 100% perfect in base form then add parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    No to bash but I think something is wrong with your car that isn't the Vortechs fault. Before you spend $7500+ on a KB kit I think you need to get your car squared away as is OR strip all the mods off, go back and start from stock and ensure its 100% perfect in base form then add parts.
    Your not bashing man, I know something isn’t right. I’ve gone over it with Rick. Thing is after I do all that work and add the right parts and such plus a tune, I’m at 4-5k anyways. And ontop of it I don’t want top end power. So why spend 4K + when I can spend 7-8k on a KB and sell my setup for 3-5k and be happy ?

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Agree, Vortech make power, some thing not quite set up or tuned correctly
    But true out of boost, half Throttle blow off valve closed then starts making boost but only at 4000 rpm and up

Little 2V 700+ RWHP, Pump Gas
    10.46 sec @ 136 mph

Your not bashing man, I know something isn’t right. I’ve gone over it with Rick. Thing is after I do all that work and add the right parts and such plus a tune, I’m at 4-5k anyways. And ontop of it I don’t want top end power. So why spend 4K + when I can spend 7-8k on a KB and sell my setup for 3-5k and be happy ?

If your car needs $4000 to make it right then yes might be time to consider alternatives. That said I paid $2500 for my Vortech setup and can't see someone paying much more.

If your car needs $4000 to make it right then yes might be time to consider alternatives. That said I paid $2500 for my Vortech setup and can't see someone paying much more.
    Used aftermarket parts have been doing well on marketplace. You usually get 2/3 -1/2 of new
    I got 3k for the procharger off my car which was super old but saw little use.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Used aftermarket parts have been doing well on marketplace. You usually get 2/3 -1/2 of new
    I got 3k for the procharger off my car which was super old but saw little use.
    Well. Fuck. Now I wanna do something dumb...

Well. Fuck. Now I wanna do something dumb...
    See my point! So for the difference is it worth it long run ? I don’t plan on selling my car

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

See my point! So for the difference is it worth it long run ? I don’t plan on selling my car

My problem with this line of though always goes the same way. I go:

- "fuck this car with some more down low punch would be a riot"
    - Googles KB blowers as well as Coyote swaps
    - Goes down rabbit hole of forum posts, YouTube vids, facebook groups
    - Eventually lands on a preferred route, start pricing out options be it a blower swap or motor swap
    - Build a budget, always ends up being around $9-10k by the time all the "while I'm in there" and "contingency" items are in place
    - Realize I'm essentially intending to invest 80%-100% of the value of my car to make a change that I will use for 2500kms-4000kms a year, and never track it because convertible
    - Remember my end goal was always to park something else next to the Mustang in the garage as a hardtop toy, namely a C6Z / CTSV2 or 996TT(rip that dream thanks Porsche inflation)
    - Come to conclusion that the 10k I would spend on this car is merely a stop gap until I build the next house and have more garage space for another toy and that 10k would be better served on investing in to another fun car that is actually designed to go fast out of the box and not a convertible with the structural rigidity of al dente pasta and a motor that grenades over 450whp.
    - End up spending $$$$ on cosmetic/convenience mods anyway because you do love the fucking car and can't help yourself from fucking with it
    - Return to step 1